Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Anther odd LR mystery...  (Read 3445 times)

luxborealis

• luxBorealis.com - photography by Terry McDonald
Anther odd LR mystery...
« on: June 08, 2015, 06:55:33 pm »

The other day, I popped my SD card into my MBP and up came LR6 as is typical. I clicked on Import and everything displayed exactly as is normal - all the photos that had already been uploaded did not show and the ones shot a few days previously I had not uploaded did show except for the most recent ones from the same day. I checked the card using the Finder and sure enough the files were there. I Ejected the card, and restarted LR.

Strangely, upon Importing again, the same thing happened, but now there were two "Devices" listed, both the same SD card with the same photos, except the first still did not show my latest files. The second I could eject (and did); the first, with the fewer photos, would not eject (right-click on the device in LR > Eject). Oddly, the device only shows in LR and not on my Desktop, so it's not the MBP that's at odds here, but LR.

Reinsterting the SD card and working from the second (almost identical) SD "Device" listed, I could Import the latest images that were not showing on the first SD "Device" listed. Strange, but true.

Any thoughtS?
Terry McDonald - luxBorealis.com

Rendezvous

• Daniel Talbot Photo Blog
Re: Anther odd LR mystery...
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2015, 12:08:17 am »

Sounds more like an OS X problem than a Lightroom one. This sort of thing is usually rectified by restarting the system. Alternatively, there could be a card issue.

eliedinur

« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2015, 03:20:41 am »

"The Ghost of Imports Past"
A reboot would probably send him to his grave.
Roll over Ed Weston,
Tell Ansel Adams th

luxborealis

• luxBorealis.com - photography by Terry McDonald
« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2015, 10:30:28 am »

Sounds more like an OS X problem than a Lightroom one. This sort of thing is usually rectified by restarting the system. Alternatively, there could be a card issue.

I would normally agree, but in all the years of using LR, and months of using LR 5.7 with Yosemite, this has never happened. It only started recently, since installing LR6.

It's not a card issue as the same card used in a MBA running 5.7 and Yosemite does not exhibit the problem.

Restarting the computer did get rid of it, but it still seems to be odd behaviour - perhaps an LR6-Yosemite blip.
Terry McDonald - luxBorealis.com

eliedinur

« Reply #4 on: June 13, 2015, 11:29:37 am »

Post hoc, ergo propter hoc.
Roll over Ed Weston,
Tell Ansel Adams th

MrIconoclast

« Reply #5 on: June 15, 2015, 10:23:21 am »

I just want to thank all of you for testing LR6 for me before I actually switch to it.  You are great!   ;D

john beardsworth

• My photography site
« Reply #6 on: June 15, 2015, 10:35:26 am »

Yes, it's always best to rely on snippets of others' opinions.  /irony
Pages: [1]   Go Up