Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Why can't I change the order of images in a smart collection?  (Read 1208 times)

PeterAit

• Peter Aitken Photographs

LR tells me this is not supported. Seems like an odd oversight unless there is some reason it is literally not possible.

dieter268

Re: Why can't I change the order of images in a smart collection?
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2015, 02:16:56 pm »

Peter, It is not possible because smart collections are per se dynamic, means if a image is member of a smart collection or not will be decided by the parameters you set for the smart collection.
What should happen with a custom order if you change a keyword that decides about memebership in a smart collection, for examle?
Copy the images from your smart collection to a normal one, and you can arrange them to your hearts desire.

Dieter

Wayne Fox

• waynefox.com
Re: Why can't I change the order of images in a smart collection?
« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2015, 03:51:30 pm »

a smart collection is pretty much a predefined search.  Doesn't really store individual image information, rather whenever you click on it it searches for images fitting the criteria.  Not really a way to manage a custom order for that.  As Dieter mentioned, you can move all the images from the smart collection to a normal collection to order them, (or just use the normal search tools and then create a normal collection).
Pages: [1]   Go Up