Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Patent US 6747690 B2 and the PhaseOne XF Camera Body  (Read 939 times)

Brian Hirschfeld

• Brian Hirschfeld Photography
Patent US 6747690 B2 and the PhaseOne XF Camera Body
« on: June 02, 2015, 06:49:52 pm »

Hey guys,

This was brought to my attention, could be interesting.

Digital camera with integrated accelerometers: A digital camera system has integrated accelerometers for determining static and dynamic accelerations of the digital camera system. Data relating to static and dynamic accelerations are stored with recorded image data for further processing, such as for correcting image data for roll, pitch and vibrations and for displaying recorded images with a predetermined orientation using information about, e.g., roll. Data may also be used on-the-fly for smear suppression caused by vibrations.

https://www.google.com/patents/US6747690?dq=%22Phase+One+A/S%22&hl=en&sa=X&ei=3S9uVcDAH4WjyQTI_YK4Dg&ved=0CDkQ6AEwBA

In light of the accelerometer and 6-axis gyro built into the new PhaseOne XF Camera Body, and their negligible use at launch, it seems like this PhaseOne patent could be coming up real soon, and could provide for some very interesting possibilities for image-stablization like features. I talked about this a little bit in my article on my thoughts about the new PhaseOne XF Camera body.

Something I am particularly excited about to see implemented, I think this would truly be a modern feature for this camera!

Best,
BH
www.brianhirschfeldphotography.com / www.flickr.com/brianhirschfeldphotography
---------------------------------------------------------------
Leica / Nikon / Hasselblad / Mamiya ~ Proud IQ180 owner
Pages: [1]   Go Up