Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Removing a thread from my "new replies to your posts" list  (Read 1402 times)

BJL

Removing a thread from my "new replies to your posts" list
« on: June 02, 2015, 03:55:26 pm »

Is there a way to remove a forum thread from the list that form which new posts gets reported under the "new replies to your posts" link?  That is, a way to unsubscribe from a thread?

We've probably all seen it happen: I post in an initially interesting thread, but then it goes off on a long-winded hundred-post detour, and  I really want to be "forgotten" (as in Google vs the EU), not having it clutter my new posts list.

Slobodan Blagojevic

• When everyone thinks the same, nobody thinks
    • My website
Re: Removing a thread from my "new replies to your posts" list
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2015, 03:59:26 pm »

Delete your post(s).

Christopher Sanderson

• photopxl.com
« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2015, 11:39:44 pm »

If I understand correctly, you receive email notifications from the topic to which you have subscribed.

Simply use the unsubscribe link that is included at the foot of that email.

BJL

« Reply #3 on: June 03, 2015, 07:52:31 pm »

Chris: no, I mean what goes into the list when I click on "Show new replies to your posts" above.

So ...

Slobodan: thanks, you are probably right -- I cannot have it both ways. As in, I cannot ignore what others are posting in a thread but still keep my earlier post visible to them when they visit that thread.

Slobodan Blagojevic

• When everyone thinks the same, nobody thinks
    • My website
« Reply #4 on: July 01, 2015, 12:04:56 pm »

Is there a way to remove a forum thread from the list that form which new posts gets reported under the "new replies to your posts" link?...

I just discovered a new way to deal with it. Not exactly as efficient as deleting one's own posts, but... When I go to "new replies to your posts" and see only those I do not want to read any more, I simply click on the "Mark ALL messages as read." If I find a mixture of those I do want to read and the other, I first read the wanted ones and then again click on the same "read" link.
Pages: [1]   Go Up