Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Capture Integration Reports: Phase One XF/IQ 3: Information & Exclusive Content  (Read 6581 times)

issa

Double checking the specs from multiple sites the lowest ISO setting for Long Exposure Mode in the IQ380 will be 200, which suggests that there is a high chance that the performance will be prone to disappointment as in the IQ260 case.

Now it's most tricky for the IQ260 users:

a) upgrading to the IQ380 may still lead to Canon-level dynamic range;
b) downgrading to the IQ350 will definitely cause significant loss of money as well as problem with crop factor;
c) the faith of largest sensor with long exposure is challenged by the IQ380, so the desire and justification to keep using the IQ260 will somewhat decrease.

What is the longest exposure in std mode in IQ360 1 or 2 minutes and is that ISO 50

Issa

Beds, UK

Steve Hendrix

• http://www.captureintegration.com/

IQ280 and 645DF+

This constitutes a crossgrade. Not ever done in the past with Phase One - they are now offering it for a limited time. However - the cost is high (there is a reason they have not offered it in the past). We have discussed the crossgrade pricing and expressed our desire for a lower price.

Generally, whether it is a crossgrade or an upgrade, the pricing scenarios and variables are many and configuring pricing is complex. Many factors come into play - there are different countries, currencies, the condition of the equipment matters, the shot counts on the equipment, we, Capture Integration may choose to buy your equipment from you rather than send it to Phase One as part of the policy, etc, etc.

With so many variables, it is best to contact your preferred dealer directly, tell them what you have, what you're interested in doing, and allow them to configure a price for you. And for any users who would prefer us, we'd be happy to do so.

And this specific scenario I generally would question, since the IQ280 will be capable of 90% of the same functionality as the IQ380/XF (discounting the longer exposure times).

But there are now 3 generations of IQ digital backs with multiple cameras, and there are many, many variables. We have a reputation for being creative in making things work and getting to the best possible pricing scenario for our clients - but this typically is best handled one on one. 

Notably, if someone purchased a new IQ/DF+ in the past 60 days, they should contact their dealer for there are special accommodations for those who recently purchased ahead of the announcement.

Steve Hendrix
CI

Steve Hendrix • 404-543-8475 www.captureintegration.com (e-mail Me)
Phase One | Leaf | Leica | Alpa | Cambo | Sinar | Arca Swiss

Steve Hendrix

Same question for you:

I have a few questions and perhaps somebody could help me.

I owned a P45 and then moved to a IQ160. Camera is still a AFIII.

1. So there is no upgrade option on the camera, so I have to buy that new. If I buy online the camera and keep my current back, what warranty do I have on the camera ? 1 year or 5 years ?

2. If I want to upgrade th IQ160 to the the IQ360 and buy the camera as well what do I get ? Warranty wise ? What do I get as accessories ? Case ? Backpack interior ? 2 batteries or 4 batteries? nothing ?

thanks a lot for the help!

Hi Julian -

The answer to your first question is that if you purchase the XF camera as a stand alone purchase, or also with an IQ1 Series Phase One digital back (regardless of online or via a person to person call with a human being), the warranty on the XF Camera is One Year/100,000 Shutter Actuations.

Your second question - upgrading from IQ160 to IQ360 - your warranty will be 5 Years/250,000 Shutter Actuations on the XF Camera/IQ360 (not sure if there is a shot count limit on the IQ3 Digital back itself, will check that). Contents/Accessories would include:

* C1 Pro V8
* Pelican Storm Rolling Hard Case
* F-stop Phase One Laptop Sunshade
* F-Stop Flexible Backpack Insert
* Charger for IQ3 and XF
* 3400 mAh Batteries
* 16 GB CF-Card and Reader
* Gray Cards & LCC calibraton kit
* Sensor Cleaning Kit
* FW and USB cable
* Camera Focusing screen

Steve Hendrix
CI

Steve Hendrix

What is the longest exposure in std mode in IQ360 1 or 2 minutes and is that ISO 50

Standard mode can be exposed for longer than 2 minutes, however the results will degrade rapidly (but YMMV). This could be at any ISO, but the best will be the base ISO, and in the case of the IQ380 it is ISO 35 50. The advantage of the LE Mode of the IQ380 (and similarly, the IQ260) is that the quality will remain usable for far longer exposures than standard mode.

Steve Hendrix
CI
« Last Edit: June 03, 2015, 10:30:27 am by Steve Hendrix »
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up