Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Moving Adobe PS to a new drive  (Read 2497 times)

Jason Cory

Moving Adobe PS to a new drive
« on: February 12, 2006, 03:25:29 pm »

After some serious clean-up, I decided to move my Photoshop CS2 back over to my C: from the D: where it was previously installed. I run Windows XP (unfortunately).

The move went fine (actually I copied it temporarily) and Photoshop works and my actions and settings are still there. The only problem is that when I open Adobe Bridge, everything loads for a minute and then I get a message stating that there are licensing issues with my version of Bridge and that I must have at least one other Adobe product installed before using Bridge. Of course, I have tons of Adobe products installed and Photoshop is running, but it doesn't seem to be able to locate it now.

My question is, how do I get Bridge to recognize that I moved PS without completely uninstalling/reinstalling CS2? I really don't want to spend the time letting Bridge recache my images and rerecording my PS actions unless absolutely necessary. And I think CS2 has a limit of three installations per user and I don't want to have to call and explain to Adobe why I need to install again.

Thanks,
Jason

61Dynamic

• http://
Moving Adobe PS to a new drive
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2006, 12:46:36 am »

Bridge is expecting Adobe to be on C:\. Since it's not, you'll have to re-install.

I really don't want to spend the time letting Bridge recache my images...
You should use distributed cache so that won't be a problem in the future. I would imagine you should be able to maintain the cache anyway since it is kept in your user directory by default.

...and rerecording my PS actions unless absolutely necessary.
Your actions are independent of PS or Bridges location. A re-install should have no effect on how they work.

And I think CS2 has a limit of three installations per user and I don't want to have to call and explain to Adobe why I need to install again.
The limitation is two computers. You can install and re-install as many times as you please on those two computers.
Pages: [1]   Go Up