Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Hasselblad and PhaseOne in Vanity Fair shoot...not just any shoot...  (Read 2636 times)

Ken R

amsp

Re: Hasselblad and PhaseOne in Vanity Fair shoot...not just any shoot...
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2015, 02:58:05 pm »

Hasselblad cameras mated with Phase One backs is the most used combination in high-end fashion in my experience. Maybe it's rental thing, I dunno.

Joe Towner

« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2015, 03:45:12 pm »

Annie rocks the H+P combo, not the first nor the last.  Part of it is rentals, mostly it's due to the 35-90 I think - I love that lens.
t: @PNWMF

eronald

• My gallery on Instagram
« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2015, 03:49:12 pm »

Annie rocks the H+P combo, not the first nor the last.  Part of it is rentals, mostly it's due to the 35-90 I think - I love that lens.

Maybe after doing that much weightlifting, Annie is as muscular as her models :)

Edmund
If you appreciate my blog posts help me by following on https://instagram.com/edmundronald

Chris Livsey

« Reply #4 on: June 01, 2015, 04:33:22 pm »

Interesting as she, effortlessly  ;D, lifts the camera to eye 5 secs in the side H1/2/4 logo plate is missing, intentional?

gwhitf

« Reply #5 on: June 03, 2015, 10:12:57 am »

What does it say about the commercial photography industry, when Annie F'ing Leibovitz is shooting a RENTAL camera..?

Slobodan Blagojevic

• When everyone thinks the same, nobody thinks
    • My website
« Reply #6 on: June 03, 2015, 10:24:00 am »

What does it say about the commercial photography industry, when Annie F'ing Leibovitz is shooting a RENTAL camera..?

That the bankruptcy she was facing only a few years ago taught her a lesson? ;)

Jeffery Salter

• Loving life one frame at a time.
    • Jeffery Salter
« Reply #7 on: June 03, 2015, 10:27:44 am »

Hi GWHITF,

The rental of camera bodies, lens and lighting gear is standard practice in commercial and advertising photography.  (If the budget allows) I do a mix.  Sometimes I use my base gear of MFD and other times I may rent a different back or some exotic glass.

One thing to be aware of is that the Photography rental house requires the photographer or producer to have a insurance rider to cover the amount of gear rented.  If you have been commissioned to do an advertising gig, there is a line item on the bid or estimate for "Insurance".  So that means the production will cover the extra costs of insurance.

On the other hand if you own or have in your personal kit two MFD backs, then your "own" business insurance would have to cover the your gear.  And let me tell you that can be expensive....

Regards,
Jeffery
« Last Edit: June 03, 2015, 03:29:28 pm by Jeffery Salter »
Warmest regards,
Jeffery Salter
_______________________________________________________________________________________________________
Jeffery Salter
Miami, Fl. U.S.A.
photos:  www.jefferysalter.com
Blog: http://blog.jefferysalter.com/
Instagram: @jefferysalter

Manoli

« Reply #8 on: June 03, 2015, 02:57:43 pm »

Jeffery,

Hadn't realised that you were the photographer that did the Mario Ballotelli pool shot - kudos !
'Fun' no doubt - here's a CNN youtube link to a Mourinho anecdote on working with the player.

Transcript below.

(Edited to correct the spelling on Jeffery's name - apologies, Jeffery).
Best,
M
« Last Edit: June 03, 2015, 03:53:09 pm by Manoli »

Jeffery Salter

• Jeffery Salter
« Reply #9 on: June 03, 2015, 03:34:51 pm »

Jeffrey,

Hadn't realised that you were the photographer that did the Mario Ballotelli pool shot - kudos !
'Fun' no doubt - here's a CNN youtube link to a Mourinho anecdote on working with the player.

Thanks Manoli,

It was a fun shoot.  We never really spoke about soccer, just where to get the latest "Nikes" in Miami.  That youtube link and picture you attached are hilarious.

regards,
Jeffery
Warmest regards,
Jeffery Salter
_______________________________________________________________________________________________________
Jeffery Salter
Miami, Fl. U.S.A.

Jeffery Salter

• Jeffery Salter
« Reply #10 on: June 03, 2015, 04:31:31 pm »

Hi Jeffery,

Not to let the cat out of da bag, but gwhitf has owned most cameras made (in duplicate) and gwhitf's annual insurance overhead is more than most hipster photographers annual billing.

Also, not to put words in gwhitf's keyboard, but what he/she is saying or better put asking "is has the world of professional still image making become so marginalized that the world's best known still photographer is renting from Samy's LA?"

Even today Annie can write that check, but like everyone else she has to ask herself why?

IMO

BC

Thanks BC and Thanks GWHITF,

It's great to hear from seasoned photographers who have contributed greatly to our art form.   I appreciate your insight and your clarification.

Jeffery

P.S. Not sure if that creative or accountant executive is the most scary.....
Warmest regards,
Jeffery Salter
Jeffery Salter
Miami, Fl. U.S.A.

hubell

« Reply #11 on: June 04, 2015, 10:49:32 pm »

Hi Jeffery,

Not to let the cat out of da bag, but gwhitf has owned most cameras made (in duplicate) and gwhitf's annual insurance overhead is more than most hipster photographers annual billing.

Also, not to put words in gwhitf's keyboard, but what he/she is saying or better put asking "is has the world of professional still image making become so marginalized that the world's best known still photographer is renting from Samy's LA?"

He comes and goes here like that masked man.......the Lone Ranger. You think he has long since checked out of this asylum, and then boom! He's been listening in all along.

Pages: [1]   Go Up