Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Digiscoping and recording 4k through hdmi  (Read 866 times)

CostaRicaRay

Digiscoping and recording 4k through hdmi
« on: June 01, 2015, 12:00:41 pm »

Hi all, just registered, so if this is supposed to be somewhere else, just let me know.

Here is my situation where I need other experts input. I have a rather unique location, a pool deck that is overlooking Carara national park, primary rainforest/jungle spread out below me. This is listed as "the most bio intense area of the world", so daily have amazing birds and animals clearly visible below me. I hike and get  alot with it, but I want to set up a high tech, table top, digiscoping setup.

I have a Panasonic FZ1000 that shoots 4k Video, and does clean HDMI out (can be hooked to external recorder)

So planning on hooking the FZ1000 up to a much more powerful zoom scope, probably the recommended Vortex Razor HD 16-48x65 Spotting Scope, then having the FZ1000 doing clean hdmi to a macbook pro so I can view on the 15 incgh screen, and record

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/999166-REG/vortex_rzr_65a1_razor_hd_16_48x65_spotting.html

So looking for ideas / feedback from you Pro's, what adapter to use to hook the FZ1000 to the Razor, what setting for the FZ1000, any comments appriciated

Raymond

sdwilsonsct

Re: Digiscoping and recording 4k through hdmi
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2015, 12:28:28 pm »

Hi Raymond,
I was underwhelmed by digiscoping: hard to focus and lots of vignetting, resulting in difficult exposure. You might get more satisfaction from a zoom lens.
Pages: [1]   Go Up