Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Canon Printer Driver: High-Precision Photographs setting?  (Read 662 times)

thill1111

Canon Printer Driver: High-Precision Photographs setting?
« on: June 01, 2015, 11:41:10 am »

I'm using a Canon ipf6350 with mac OS10.10 Yosemite printing from LR.  The printer driver has a check box for "High-Precision Photographs".  Is this setting related to platen or printhead height?  When printing on canvas should this be left unchecked?  I'm concerned about head strikes on edge of canvas (had to replace one printhead due to this I think - using BC Crystalline and read here of others with edge curl problems).  The manual is not clear on this - does not seem to refer to meaning of this setting.  When printing on paper, how much difference does this setting make?  Any guidance appreciated.  Thanks.

Bart_van_der_Wolf

Re: Canon Printer Driver: High-Precision Photographs setting?
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2015, 12:28:29 pm »

I'm using a Canon ipf6350 with mac OS10.10 Yosemite printing from LR.  The printer driver has a check box for "High-Precision Photographs".  Is this setting related to platen or printhead height?  When printing on canvas should this be left unchecked?  I'm concerned about head strikes on edge of canvas (had to replace one printhead due to this I think - using BC Crystalline and read here of others with edge curl problems).  The manual is not clear on this - does not seem to refer to meaning of this setting.  When printing on paper, how much difference does this setting make?  Any guidance appreciated.  Thanks.

Hi,

The "High precision Photographs" setting is more dither pattern related (see explanation here), but apparently also somewhat print head height related (so beware of curly paper).

If paper curl is not much of an issue, you can test the effect on resolution and smoothness with my print resolution test target. Make sure that head alignment is done well and on the paper you intend to use, if you want the best quality.

Cheers,
Bart
== If you do what you did, you'll get what you got. ==

thill1111

Re: Canon Printer Driver: High-Precision Photographs setting?
« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2015, 01:05:55 pm »

Thanks Bart.  The link is helpful info.  I'll keep it unchecked for canvas and will play with it for other paper types.
Pages: [1]   Go Up