Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: understanding color management in capture one pro 8.2  (Read 2783 times)

sgwrx

understanding color management in capture one pro 8.2
« on: May 31, 2015, 08:18:53 pm »

if i go to 'view' > 'proof profile' and set it to aRGB, that means everything i see in the viewer (the large window that displays my photos one at a time or multiple if multiple selected) is in aRGB but run through my monitor profile which is loaded when windows 7 pro boots up?

in other words, 'view' > 'proof profile' is like the working space?

this is good to use the largest color space possible here - aRGB or ProPhoto.  and i typically would never have to change this... set and forget?

then if i want to preview the image with another profile applied to it, like sRGB, i can go setup a recipe with a different color profile.

the last time i used capture one, there was a dialog box that asked for "monitor profile", "camera profile" etc.  i'm not finding that, so i'd guess it automatically applies the monitor profile?

thanks,

oh , i do know that "camera profile" is in the base adjustments.  so that is set (auto at that) to my camera.

Paul2660

• Photos of Arkansas
Re: understanding color management in capture one pro 8.2
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2015, 09:38:07 pm »

C1 will see your monitor profile, and I don't believe in the new versions 7 and up there is a way to change it.  Whatever Windows has loaded C1 will use. 

I use SpectraVision and NEC monitors/Win7 and they seem to work seamlessly with C1.

Paul
Paul Caldwell
Little Rock, Arkansas U.S.
www.photosofarkansas.com

sgwrx

« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2015, 10:07:28 am »

thanks.  yeah, whenever i would search C1's website and user manuals, i would see that old dialog box but figured it must be older versions and not 8+.

overall the user manual for 8 seems very un-complex :)

Paul2660

• Photos of Arkansas
« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2015, 11:25:21 am »

The real big change to me, and it's not really color management related, is the use of the open GL.  There is a big difference in performance in a Win7 64 bit environment if you have open GL on.  However you may see some issues with layers, like incomplete masks or problems with masks.  I run a 3 year old GTX 470 nvidia and it seems that C1's open GL is not to happy with that older card.  But for that matter neither is LR CC.

Paul
Paul Caldwell
www.photosofarkansas.com

AlterEgo

« Reply #4 on: June 01, 2015, 04:48:36 pm »

Paul2660

• Photos of Arkansas
« Reply #5 on: June 01, 2015, 04:55:06 pm »

opencl

Thanks for  the catch.

Paul
Paul Caldwell
www.photosofarkansas.com

sgwrx

Re:
« Reply #6 on: June 01, 2015, 07:46:16 pm »

i have noticed a few things for example missing rgb numbers in a few areas once or twice.  im on a k4000. 

have you worked with any settings in the nvidia drivers?

otherwise it is a bit faster to update for me vs the cpu .
Pages: [1]   Go Up