Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Vietnam photo tours  (Read 2688 times)

chez

Vietnam photo tours
« on: May 31, 2015, 08:59:28 am »

I'd love to hear people's experiences taking photo tours of Vietnam. I'm particularly interested in two regions, the North West photographing the minority tribes and the Delta region photographing the floating markets.

Also, if you arranged your trip on your own, I'd like to hear how you went about it and what complications or hurdles you had to overcome.

I'm planning my trip for next year and am trying to decide if I should go on a tour or arrange on my own.

Thanks in advance.

Kathy

Re: Vietnam photo tours
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2015, 01:38:11 pm »

Hi Chez, sorry for the delayed reply. In 2009 we spent 3 weeks in Vietnam and travelled from the Delta to Sapa. We used Travel Indochina an Australian company with offices in the UK and possibly USA to tailor make our trip. We did not require photo tuition, just time in each location to get good light and we knew this would not be possible on a group tour. After a night in Saigon we moved to Can Tho in the delta for a night and then back to Saigon for 2 nights, 2 nights in Phan Thiet, 3 nights in Hoi An, 2 nights in Hue, overnight train to Sapa, 2 nights in Sapa, overnight train to Hanoi, 1 night Hanoi, 1 night Halong Bay cruise, 2 nights Hanoi. Most tour operators should be able to tailor make a tour for you, we had a driver and a tour guide in each location, our interest was landscape photography but we wanted to experience the country and its culture also. We had a fabulous time and if you require more info please contact me. I found the images and writing of QT Luong at Terragalleria.com inspiring.
Pages: [1]   Go Up