Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Photo suggestions - San Miguel de Allende  (Read 2105 times)

Jim Breeden

Photo suggestions - San Miguel de Allende
« on: May 30, 2015, 11:50:43 am »

Soon to return to San Miguel de Allende. Solicit suggestions of your favorite photo sites both in and outside of SM? What a glorious place! Any camera supply (Nikon) shops in SM or Queretaro?

Also, would appreciate input on the 'Island of the Dolls' near Mexico City?

Jim

brianrybolt

Re: Photo suggestions - San Miguel de Allende
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2015, 05:07:54 am »

Hello,

You may have already come across this but if you haven't:  http://www.isladelasmunecas.com

Rainer SLP

• RS-Fotografia
« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2015, 02:42:36 pm »

Hi Jim,

I live in Mexico but have never made a photo tour to San Miguel Allende  :-[ but I spoke with my nephew who is a 60% pro photographer.

The city itself is very nice, narrow streets means wide angle lens for architecture.

The surroundings of San MIguel Allende is a question of driving out a bit and look around. He told me that there are a few old haciendas from the Spanish colonial times.

Shops for photo accessories in Queretaro make a search with " tienda de artículos fotográficos en queretaro " but be aware that the prices for such here in Mexico are far away from being reasonable. When I need somthing I order in the States and with freight, taxes and custom handling it is still 20 to 30% cheaper then buying here.

https://www.google.com.mx/search?q=tienda+art%C3%ADculos+fotogr%C3%A1ficos+en+quer%C3%A9taro&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&gws_rd=cr&ei=pvhtVa6EC478yQSwxYGYAg

What do you want to buy in México ? If you are 100% digital you do not need anything from here. Bring over everything from USA.

saludos

Thanks and regards Rainer
 I am here for

kayakfari

• Kayakfari.com : (Kayak-far-i) :: Fitness, Adventure & Art on the High Seas!
« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2015, 09:17:15 pm »

San Miguel is a neat place, spent two summer there, but haven't seen it in very a long time. One thing I'll never forget is the bus station/lot. When a bus would arrive, there'd be a guy announcing the route at the top of his lungs: i.e. 'Queretaro .. Celaya .. Dolores Hidalgo,  Guanajuato' .. and the bus rides themselves proved adventurous (and long)! There's also a lot of Mexican history right in that region. Have fun!
Pages: [1]   Go Up