Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: LexJet Archival Canvas  (Read 1034 times)

sunsetcoast

LexJet Archival Canvas
« on: May 29, 2015, 09:28:16 am »

Good morning guys - has anyone checked this out?  LexJet just announced a Wilhelm Certified bright white OBA free canvas and the pricing is really good.  Does anyone consider Wilhelm testing much anymore?  Sometimes I am not sure when it comes to canvas... anyone care to share their personal thoughts?  I am somewhat new to canvas and appreciate any advice/opinions.

Thanks!

http://blog.lexjet.com/2015/05/26/sunset-by-fredrix-matte-canvas-receives-wilhelm-certification/

Peter McLennan

Re: LexJet Archival Canvas
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2015, 10:53:22 pm »

I have nothing but good to say about Lexjet canvas.  I have uncoated canvas prints hanging indoors in direct sunlight for five years with no visible changes. I used Sunset  Matte.

sunsetcoast

« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2015, 10:06:56 am »

Thanks Peter, I think I'm going to give it a try.  I did more research and the Wilhelm cert looks pretty respectable.  I thought about trying BC but it's so expensive and I'm not really sure if it's certified by anyone but themselves.  Also, their archival certificate looks a little funny when you sit down and read it.   

Landscapes

« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2015, 11:01:20 am »

When I tried to order some of the sunset stuff because it seemed like a good buy in terms of price, the shipping costs is what really made it not so attractive anymore.  If you go with Epson canvases during their buy 3 and get a rebate on 1 offer, and buy from IT Supplies so you're getting free shipping, there is simply no better deal when it comes to canvas I don't think.  Sure you have to wait to get your money back and you of course have to order 3 rolls, but for me that's not a problem.

So although I have no direct experience with this canvas, since you say cost is an issue, I just wanted to point out the rebate deals and the shipping charges that often completely change the math of the purchase price.

(I just looked it up to see the cost of a 24inch roll is $87, whereas Epson Exhibition matte is $98, but even when you add shipping into this mix (you would need to order over $100 to get free shipping at IT Supplies), it actually makes the Epson cheaper I'm sure, and if you get in on a future rebate, the cost goes down by another 1/3rd, which makes it about $65 per roll.)

sunsetcoast

« Reply #4 on: June 01, 2015, 01:03:57 pm »

I see your point in the free shipping... it may just boil down to who is a better vendor/customer service/personal opinion and if I can afford to order 3 rolls of 44" at a time.  That's kind of a lot for me to order since I am printing canvas for the first time.   :-\ 

Thanks again for your advice.

disneytoy

« Reply #5 on: June 07, 2015, 02:39:32 am »

I'm not affiliated with them, just a happy customer, try Ink and Media Wholesalers (inksandmedia.com)

This is what I like. I get free shipping on Epson media. Their prices are very good. But I always check the major suppliers, first, and if I find a lower price I email their customer service and they always match the prices. I'm in SoCal and they are in AZ. So no tax. I've often ordered in the morning and had the delivery the next day, and that is free shipping.

You can even get a bit more off each order if you are a regular customer.

I hate paying shipping:-)

Max
Pages: [1]   Go Up