Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Using Capture One Pro 8 as lightroom  (Read 4346 times)

Mista Molla

Using Capture One Pro 8 as lightroom
« on: May 28, 2015, 04:29:07 pm »

Hi guys,

With my switch to PO I have been 'forced' to also use C1P8. I loved using just 2 programs (LR and PS), but I have no choice.

Is there a way to make C1 work in the same way as LR catalog-wise? In LR your catalog can consist of folders that LR watches and that might be eg. on an external drive. You can then add, delete, move files in those folders and update/synchronize the catalog in LR. This allows me to have my complete 50,000 photo catalog with flags, tags and color ratings handy.

I tried a similar thing a year or two ago with C1P7 and it did not work at all. I couldnt update folders, it wouldnt sync and stuff. It just didnt work well.

Does anyone know if there's like a tutorial, video or whatever describing more or less what it is im trying to accomplish?

Cheers!

David Grover / Capture One

• Capture One
Re: Using Capture One Pro 8 as lightroom
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2015, 04:35:54 pm »

Hi Molla,

You can sync folders in Capture One 8 just as you can in Lightroom.

David

David Grover
Business Support and Development Manager

Jimmy D Uptain

Re: Using Capture One Pro 8 as lightroom
« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2015, 07:16:40 am »

In C1, find the folder where your photos reside. Right click then hit "synchronize".
Its gonna open an import dialog. There will be an "Import To" tab. Within that tab, you will see a "Store Files" dropdown. Pick "Current Location". That way it won't move your files. Thats assuming you don't want to move 'em.
If you move them, then LR will lose track of them.
As far as moving things around, I couldn't say.
I keep all of my photos in one folder, without any subfolders. That way, access is the same for both LR and C1.

If I import the images into LR, I'll then open C1 and synchronize, same goes if I import into C1 first.

My way may not be ideal, but it works for me.
Pages: [1]   Go Up