Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Tell Us Your Fuji X-Dream Camera…  (Read 6554 times)

Iluvmycam

Tell Us Your Fuji X-Dream Camera…
« on: May 27, 2015, 06:41:32 pm »

Found this topic on Fuji Rumors. They and 2 other Fuji forums banned me from posting, so I will post my .02 here.

You would think that owning upwards of 13 Fuji's would qualify me to give them some honest feedback.

http://photohostsnapshots.tumblr.com/image/113429026918

Sadly, all they want at Fuji are fanboys and 'yes men.'

My dream Fuji?

I'd like Fuji to make an affordable ($2500) FF Leica knockoff in the 24 to 36 mp range with an organic sensor.

Also a M43 that has a shutter speed dial instead of a program dial - 24 to 28 mp for it.

It does not have to come from Fuji, but I'd love a FF 6mp back for my Hassy SWC in the $2500 range.

That is all that is on my 'want list.'
« Last Edit: May 27, 2015, 06:45:57 pm by Iluvmycam »

scooby70

Re: Tell Us Your Fuji X-Dream Camera…
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2015, 07:29:47 pm »

As someone once said "I don't want to belong to any club that will accept me as a member."

And apart from that does it have to be a Fuji? I'm no fan boy and I don't really care who make it but here's my little wish list...

1/8000 mechanical shutter speed. It doesn't have to be mechanical but just something that doesn't give the rolling shutter type effect but I do want 1/8000 at least so that I can use wide apertures in good light without the use of ND's.

A state of the art EVF.

Auto ISO is all exposure modes including manual mode.

The ability to have constant preview in all modes.

Lenses with distance markings and DoF scales.

At the moment I have a Sony A7 and Panasonic G1 and GX7. The A7 is almost perfect except that the lenses are mostly without markings and turning the back screen off and on can't be assigned to a custom button and requires diving into the menu. If they'd put that one thing in a firmware update I'd be ecstatic. I don't suppose that could add a silent shutter with a firmware fix though, or could they??????

My GX7 is pretty good but I don't like the EVF, it doesn't allow auto ISO in manual mode and only allows constant preview in manual. If they'd fix the latter two I'd be happier.

On the Fuji side...

1/8000 mechanical shutter.
Add a couple more raw high ISO settings.
If there is an issue, tell Adobe how to handle the raws.
Update the 35mm f1.4 to be more like the newer lenses.

pluton

« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2015, 03:08:44 am »

A camera with a nice OVF(easy) combined with an EVF that doesn't freeze, black out(except briefly during exposure) and is bright enough to use in bright sunlight(apparently not so easy).

Manoli

« Reply #3 on: June 03, 2015, 04:25:06 am »

I'd like Fuji to make an affordable ($2500) FF Leica knockoff in the 24 to 36 mp range with an organic sensor.

A state of the art EVF.
Auto ISO is all exposure modes including manual mode.

+1 to all the above.

Chairman Bill

• flickr page
« Reply #4 on: June 03, 2015, 05:15:09 am »

Something like a digital GF670, at a knock down price, obviously.

LKaven

« Reply #5 on: June 04, 2015, 05:11:40 pm »

What I'd like (what I'd like?  I'd like a trip to Europe) is not a Leica knockoff, but a redefined state-of-the-art FF camera with hybrid finder (OVF, EVF, OVF+EVF).  [In other words, I'd like them to do what Leica should have done in the first place.]  I think the OP was really thinking of an advancement instead of a knockoff.  :-)  In other words, what is Leica still doing with its single-focus point rangefinder? 

It should be compact and fit to the hand in the way that the XPan was.  It should allow for a variety of focus-aids across the frame, designed to facilitate fast and accurate manual focus operation. 

This is where user-centered design should be exemplified, in how to make a version of the compact 135 digital camera that is minimally intrusive when it needs to be.  And I mean minimal in the sense of a mostly optical viewfinder with the barest suggestion of electronic overlay just to indicate focus.  Those who want more bells and whistles can have that option.  But for photographers who like to have the most immediate connection with their subject, a minimally intrusive option must be provided.

Manoli

« Reply #6 on: June 04, 2015, 05:33:21 pm »

what I'd like?  I'd like a trip to Europe ...

Ideal time ... Lufthansa - around $1,000 return  ;D

LKaven

« Reply #7 on: June 04, 2015, 07:10:11 pm »

Ideal time ... Lufthansa - around $1,000 return  ;D

:-)

Drip-Along Daffy (1951):

Daffy Duck: Hankering for trouble, eh? Well, I would like...

[aside]

Daffy Duck: I would like? I would like a trip to Europe.

[back to Nasty Canasta]

Daffy Duck: I would like to introduce myself!

Deardorff

« Reply #8 on: June 15, 2015, 04:50:35 pm »

Unless they can get AutoFocus to the standard set by higher quality SLR's Fuji is not in the mix for me.
Nice images but too many misses due to poor auto focus.

Chris Kern

• Chris Kern's Eponymous Website
« Reply #9 on: June 15, 2015, 07:03:57 pm »

Unless they can get AutoFocus to the standard set by higher quality SLR's Fuji is not in the mix for me.
Nice images but too many misses due to poor auto focus.

It will be interesting to see how well the X-T10 and T-T1 autofocus systems work with the updated firmware that will ship in a few days with the X-T10 and be released shortly thereafter for the X-T1 (somewhat later for the X-E2).

Although, actually, so far I've been pleasantly surprised by the autofocus performance of my X-T1 and X-E2, albeit perhaps because my expectations weren't that high.  It's not as fast as my D800E, or as good for moving subjects, but for the way I use the Fuji cameras—street photography, cityscapes, landscapes—it's quite respectable.

Kate-The-Great

« Reply #10 on: June 15, 2015, 10:05:21 pm »

#1 thing I'd like to see from Fuji- Mirrorless Medium Format. I personally think that 135 format is too close to APS-C to be a good extension of the X-system considering Fuji already has a significant line of APS-only lenses. If they'd have to create a new line of lenses (and perhaps a new mount- unlike Sony's E-mount, I don't think X-mount would accommodate FF due to positioning of the electrical contacts) anyways, why not go a step further? I haven't been a big fan of the idea of 33x44mm sensors thus far because of the crop factor compared to 36x48 or full 645, but with a range of lenses designed from the ground up for that format it could work really well. An upscaled X100-type camera with a 33x44 sensor and a fixed 45 or 50mm f/2.5 lens would be fantastic- truly the "digital GW690" I've long wanted. I do remember hearing last year a rumor that such a camera was in development, but sadly it seems to have been just a rumor.

MarkL

« Reply #11 on: June 29, 2015, 08:22:27 am »

IBIS
Electronic shutter
Hybrid OVF/EVF
36MP
Switchable focus system for speed and accuracy
Bayer sensor with no AA filter
Pages: [1]   Go Up