Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: How do you teach photography?  (Read 6835 times)

Isaac

How do you teach photography?
« on: May 27, 2015, 02:40:23 pm »

“One of my pet peeves is people who think you can just send somebody who has no photography education and ‘innocent’ eyes into the world with a camera and that they’ll come back with great images … To be able to make conscious images that communicate what you want is an another ballgame entirely, one that requires technical knowledge, thought and intent – all of which can, and should, be taught.”

British Journal of Photography July special issue profiles some of the world's leading colleges and teachers about the secret of their success.

NancyP

Re: How do you teach photography?
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2015, 03:16:48 pm »

I bet that individuals who have a good general art education and a quick orientation to the basics of exposure (ISO, shutter speed, aperture triad), and angle of view effect on perspective could get some decent images fairly quickly. The hardest things to develop are a productive habit of seeing, sense of composition and knowledge of perception, and an ability to communicate mood and message. Traditional art school teaches those things.

amolitor

Re: How do you teach photography?
« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2015, 10:35:12 pm »

This is how I teach it, on those astronomically rare occasions when someone asks me for advice.

http://intro-to-photography.blogspot.com/
Pages: [1]   Go Up