Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: "The waiting game"  (Read 37210 times)

Schewe

• http:www.schewephoto.com
Re: "The waiting game"
« Reply #20 on: June 01, 2015, 06:04:28 pm »

Even the Apple watch will have photographic uses.

Well, my "waiting game" for my Apple Watch is over. Mine came today...already synced some images from my iPhone and learned how to use the watch as a remote release for the camera on the iPhone. Another potential use is to find the exact sunrise and sunset times...but so far, no real photo related apps that I've found :~(

Now, the only think I'm waiting for is Father's Day when I get to eat a good steak (I'm primarily plant-based now).

:~)

Rick Popham

• http://
« Reply #21 on: June 01, 2015, 06:17:24 pm »

Now, the only think I'm waiting for is Father's Day when I get to eat a good steak (I'm primarily plant-based now).

If you have to wait it's all the more special.  I've cut way back on meat myself, so when I have a steak I get something REALLY good.

BJL

« Reply #22 on: June 01, 2015, 06:56:32 pm »

Well, my "waiting game" for my Apple Watch is over. . . . but so far, no real photo related apps that I've found
Where's Photoshop for Apple Watch? Get working on it, I'm tired of waiting for it.

jjj

• http://www.futtfuttfuttphotography.com
« Reply #23 on: June 01, 2015, 07:27:06 pm »

That made me think that maybe you are Groot's brother.....

Tradition is the Backbone of the Spinele

ErikKaffehr

• Echophoto
« Reply #24 on: June 02, 2015, 04:58:03 pm »

Hi,

My personal take is that it is nice to have a road map, it allows for planning.

For instance, I am interested in the Sony Alpha FE mount system, and the Batis 85/1.8 seems one of the most interesting lenses. But I won't buy a Sony E-mount camera until I see a roadmap for the camera bodies.

So, for me waiting is quite OK. Having no information on medium term plans is just frustration.

Best regards
Erik

Kevin, I really feel for you. Poor guy, with such a long list of expensive things you're desperately waiting for!
Come on, is this really LuLa? Or maybe I didn't get the satire alert?
Do you really think consumerism is the way to go?
qm

« Last Edit: June 02, 2015, 05:06:04 pm by ErikKaffehr »
Erik Kaffehr

jjj

« Reply #25 on: June 02, 2015, 05:24:24 pm »

For instance, I am interested in the Sony Alpha FE mount system, and the Batis 85/1.8 seems one of the most interesting lenses. But I won't buy a Sony E-mount camera until I see a roadmap for the camera bodies.

So, for me waiting is quite OK. Having no information on medium term plans is just frustration.
The Olympus lens roadmap I have found very useful. Because by knowing that a fast wideangle zoom was on the cards meant that the system could a viable purchase for me and so would be worth considering. Whereas without that, I'd simply say nope to buying into  system as the lens I'd probably use most is missing.

wildstork

• Lawrence Beck Photography
« Reply #26 on: June 03, 2015, 12:50:50 am »

QuarkMark...Consumerism??? I think you missed the point.  i listed many items that have been announced and not yet delivered.     I also think you should read Jeff's post.  He get's it.  And, remember this is a Rantatorial where we can speak our minds and express our thoughts.  ... unless you make the mistake of inadvertently insulting the thin skinned who respond to your post with: "BTW, you don't seem to have been much of a poster here in the LuLa forums...you might want to try to fit in a while and be a member of the community before casting aspersions here...just saying'"

So now you have no right to post an opinion unless you have a long history of posting.

Just saying'

Lawrence

Schewe

« Reply #27 on: June 03, 2015, 12:55:01 am »

Hum, ya might want to get familiar with how to quote when you post on LuLa...You quoted Kevin about something I actually posted. Get's kinda confusing ya know? Just sayin' :~)

Schewe

« Reply #28 on: June 03, 2015, 12:56:53 am »

That made me think that maybe you are Groot's brother.....

Nope...but I have been accused of being Haggard...

wildstork

• Lawrence Beck Photography
« Reply #29 on: June 03, 2015, 01:35:34 am »

"BTW, you don't seem to have been much of a poster here in the LuLa forums...you might want to try to fit in a while and be a member of the community before casting aspersions here...just sayin'"

So now you have no right to post an opinion unless you have a long history of posting.

Just sayin'

How does "fitting in" figure into a Rantatorial?  I thought Rantatorials were about expressing one's opinion?  Or is conformity a prerequisite... and absent adherence to the "norms" of your mindset one's opinion is invalid.

Just sayin'

Lawrence
(Apologies to Kevin. Did I get it right this time Jeff?).

Schewe

« Reply #30 on: June 03, 2015, 02:18:58 am »

(Apologies to Kevin. Did I get it right this time Jeff?).

Better, but you don't seem to grok the gist of what I was saying...learn how to behave (and post) here on LuLa before embarrassing yourself by not grokking the way to express yourself. (If you don't know what Grok means, Google it–it's a test :~).

jjj

« Reply #31 on: June 03, 2015, 10:14:56 am »

It's a shame the work 'grok' isn't more commonly known. It's so very useful.
Though usually smart people grok what you mean when it is used. ;)

Rand47

« Reply #32 on: June 06, 2015, 07:50:17 pm »

It's a shame the work 'grok' isn't more commonly known. It's so very useful.
Though usually smart people grok what you mean when it is used. ;)

This thread is a hoot and 2/3rds.   ;D
Isn't grok what sailors drink?  LOLOLOLOL

Rand
Rand Scott Adams

jjj

« Reply #33 on: June 07, 2015, 11:44:07 am »

Isn't grok what sailors drink?  LOLOLOLOL
I think you may be thinking of 'grog', which isn't sailor specific.  ;D

telyt

« Reply #34 on: June 07, 2015, 12:40:39 pm »

Takes quite a leap of faith to buy into a system based of the promise of important tools not yet available.

Slobodan Blagojevic

• When everyone thinks the same, nobody thinks
    • My website
« Reply #35 on: June 07, 2015, 01:07:46 pm »

... So now you have no right to post an opinion unless you have a long history of posting... Or is conformity a prerequisite... and absent adherence to the "norms" of your mindset one's opinion is invalid.

That's a straw man. Nobody ever said you have no right to post an opinion, including negative ones, or that conformity is a prerequisite. Except one is not going to gain much creditability and respect by being so aggressively negative in one's first post. Even if valid, one's opinion might get obscured by an unnecessarily aggressive delivery. It's not just norms of this forum, it is norms of human communication. You start with hostility, you can expect it in return.

Dan Vincent

• Daniel Vincent Aviation Photography
« Reply #36 on: June 07, 2015, 11:55:20 pm »

In the words of the great Thomas Petty, the waiting is indeed the hardest part.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uMyCa35_mOg

I've been waiting for the Sigma 24-105 for A-mount since they announced the lenses together in, I want to say, October-ish 2013. I saw a non-functioning Canon model of the lens at Photoplus 2013. Exactly a year later, I saw a functioning Canon model at Photoplus 2014 but no Nikon model and the Sony model was even up in the air. Sony has a gigantic hole in the A-mount lineup in that there is no serviceable modern 24-105-ish range lens with ultrasonic motor despite the loud demand for such a lens. Sigma would have made bank if they had managed to ship it on time, but they're only getting around to shipping it at the end of this June. That lens was vapor for 20 months. I was ready to buy it as soon as they would ship it.

Now, Sony is supposedly releasing a 24-105G this fall, and if they do, Sigma isn't getting my money, even if their 24-105 will be cheaper by $400 or so. I'm getting by with older Minolta lenses for the time being on a99, but Tamron is able to ship their Sony mount versions at about the same time as the other mounts, if not a month later.

It would not be the first time Sigma has jerked us around, they specifically announced A-mount versions of the newer 120-300 f/2.8 and then nine months later just up and said "nah, we're not doing it anymore." The guy at the Sigma booth at PPE2014 said "Well, if you preorder" and I'm like "No, I'm not preordering without some kind of target date."

To Sony's credit, with the exception of the 500 f/4, when Sony has announced products with actual ship dates, they generally adhere to those dates. I ordered the RX100 mk1 sight unseen; it shipped exactly a month after it was announced and it has been worth every cent.

Otto Phocus

« Reply #37 on: June 08, 2015, 10:11:18 am »

It would be nice it life were like the Roadrunner cartoons.  Where the coyote puts the letter addressed to Acme in the mail box and immediately the item is delivered.  LoL.

In the DC area, Amazon is offering same day delivery.  Yikes!  That's quite the improvement from the "6-8 weeks" when I was a kid. 

But no matter how fast something is delivered, it will never be fast enough when you are waiting for that special item.  :'(
I shoot with a Camera Obscura with an optical device attached that refracts and transmits light.

Jeff Griffin

« Reply #38 on: June 08, 2015, 12:35:39 pm »

Well, for a while I kept a look out and waited for Adobe's update for Lightroom to version 6.

Then Sony / Phase One done a deal for a special version of Capture One ( for Sony )

And quite a good deal it was  :)

So for less than £24 I have a fully functional ( albeit only for Sony Cameras ) Capture One Pro 8 which is less than the upgrade price from LR5 to LR6

« Last Edit: June 08, 2015, 12:43:17 pm by Jeff Griffin »
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up