Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Sudden failure: HDR software won't run  (Read 1239 times)

nemophoto

• Nemo Niemann Photography
Sudden failure: HDR software won't run
« on: May 27, 2015, 09:38:50 am »

Something strange has occurred with my Oloneo PhotoEngine software. I first encountered this last night when I tried running the software from Lightroom. I received an error message: PhotoEngine Error (3762507597), and it failed to run. This morning, I decided to run it in standalone mode and see what happened. Again, another immediate failure to run. The message window said: "Oloneo PhotoEngine 64-bit has stopped working. A problem caused the program to stop working correctly. Please close the program."

I actually have three different HDR programs I use, and had encountered similar issues with Photomatix (both standalone and from Lightroom) last week. I had the same kind of error and immediate failure to run. HDRSoft is looking into the issue. Finally, I tried Nik HDR2 (which I rarely use), and that ran without issue from both Lightroom and Photoshop (no standalone).

Very strange. Have any of you encountered this and do you have any suggestions how I might rectify the problem? It doesn't matter whether I run it as Adminstrator or uninstall and then reinstall. I use Win 8.1 x64 with 32GB of RAM, so definitely not a RAM issue. Beside, until roughly a couple weeks ago, they both worked just fine. Some weird Windows update. I also tried running with my anti-virus software off -- same outcome.

Thanks for your help.

Nemo

Jimbo57

Re: Sudden failure: HDR software won't run
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2015, 11:03:25 am »

Look upon it as a blessing in disguise. Nik HDR Pro2 is a far superior program and I hear that the latest versions of Photomatix are also a lot better than they used to be.

Alan Smallbone

• APS Photography
« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2015, 11:47:21 am »

Look upon it as a blessing in disguise. Nik HDR Pro2 is a far superior program and I hear that the latest versions of Photomatix are also a lot better than they used to be.

Well like most things that is a matter of opinion. I have always found that the Google/Nik software to be too problematic. Oloneo is not bad but their ghosting removal is weak, however to answer the OP post. I have not tried it in awhile and since the new version of LR, but I will try it when I get home. I can't imagine that LR would do anything that would stop the Photoengine software from running. I suspect maybe something has been corrupted in the files that are installed. I guess a worst case scenario is to try and reinstall Photoengine if you are in a bind.

Alan
Alan Smallbone
Orange County, CA

Redcrown

« Reply #3 on: May 27, 2015, 11:58:06 am »

The new HDR function in LR6 and ACR9 creates a special format DNG file. If Oloneo PE tries to read one of those files it crashes.

You don't have to select one of those special format DNG files to crash. When OPE launches it is pointed at some directory and scans the files to make thumbs. So a crash occurs. Simply remove the DNG file(s) and all is OK.

I've reported this to OPE and they have acknowledged. But I'm not holding my breath for a fix. Looks like new development and maintenance of OPE has cease

degrub

« Reply #4 on: May 27, 2015, 09:25:59 pm »

Try rolling back your windows updates to before the problem started.
Pages: [1]   Go Up