Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Camera club and methods of display  (Read 4112 times)

raymond bleesz

Camera club and methods of display
« on: May 27, 2015, 09:12:30 am »

we have a camera club but no "home" and we are dependent upon available spaces, however, we need to create, engineer, devise "display walls" which are inexpensive to create, must be portable, reusable and somewhat sturdy as a free standing entities.---walls and hangers?????  what have you engineer to display your work???  please provide photos if available.  what is the most creative set up you have seen?
Raymond

davidedric

Re: Camera club and methods of display
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2015, 10:41:46 am »

My camera club designed and had made a collapsible metal frame for displaying prints.   The local governing body specifies print mounts to be 500mm by 400mm, and I seem to recall it can hold around twenty of those.

Typically, it is used in competitions to display the prints that the judge has "held back" for fur the comment.

Unfortunately the club doesn't meet during the summer months (we are supposed to be out taking photos)  so I can't take a picture, but if it sounds interesting I expect I can get more details.

We are based in Cheshire, in the UK

Dave

raymond bleesz

« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2015, 10:59:18 am »

David---thank you from across the pond--any further info you can provide at this time?  Can you make a drawing?  How does the unit stand--supports?? et al

From Rocky Mountain High, in the Vail Valley, Colo

NancyP

« Reply #3 on: May 27, 2015, 11:15:45 am »

We meet in a church basement and have prints laid out on long folding dining tables in the back of the banquet hall. Not great, but about 12 or so matted prints can fit on each table.

One thing I have wanted to install at home is to hang a large thin sheet of galvanized steel on the wall at viewing height - attach prints (unmounted) via magnets - the steel makes a neutral background.

Free-standing pinboards are another possibility.

Jimbo57

« Reply #4 on: May 27, 2015, 11:17:08 am »

The print holders are made out of thin plywood with a lip to hold the prints which are fixed onto the main struts with flush mounting brackets http://www.screwfix.com/p/flush-mounts-zinc-plated-35-x-37-x-3-75mm-pack-of-10/11423?_requestid=147056

The uprights are made out of thick approx 3" - 3 1/2" square block/ply wood about 6ft in hight with a plywood stabilising triangular bracket hinged on the bottom with screw adjustable rubber feet, held by a Velcro strap when transporting.

davidedric

« Reply #5 on: May 27, 2015, 01:52:38 pm »

I'm getting more info and will get back to you.  The frame is self standing: we always meet in the same place, but have to set up and take down each time, so it has to be straightforward.

Dave

davidedric

« Reply #6 on: May 28, 2015, 02:52:01 pm »

Best I can do is a couple of pictures.  Never tried to add pictures on LuLa!

Dave

davidedric

« Reply #7 on: May 28, 2015, 02:53:06 pm »

And without prints:

amolitor

« Reply #8 on: May 28, 2015, 03:05:13 pm »

Never done this, but PVC plumbing tube is often a very very useful thing to use here.

You can glue some joints, and leave others unglued, for easy breakdown and storage.
Pages: [1]   Go Up