Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: GH4 4K photo time lapse  (Read 9769 times)

808sauce

GH4 4K photo time lapse
« on: May 26, 2015, 04:46:31 am »

watsup, new to the GH4, still figuring stuff out... im shooting night cityscapes. i know how to set up time lapses in .jpg and RAW, but
my question is how to set up 4K Photo to do the time lapses. it would be awesome to get the the great effects a 1" shutter (light trails etc)

the stuff i shot in .JPG was great just want to do it in 4K....

only way to select 4K Photo in settings, was when left dial was on (movie)M....and somehow im only able to set shutter angle, iso, etc....as in cinema mode..
 i cant set the exposure....

michael shot this time lapse in 4K photo,

https://luminous-landscape.com/gh4-video-timelapse/

what am i doing wrong here?

??? thank you

Pete Berry

Re: GH4 4K photo time lapse
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2015, 11:14:59 am »

Michael's time-lapse was shot in stills mode, I don't think you can do it directly in 4K. I suppose you could shoot at 30fps and then drop it into a slower timeline in post - eg 2fps, but this is way beyond my current PP knowledge.

It's interesting that you can shoot 4K with a shutter  speed as low as 1/2sec. Found this out acidentally early on - normally 1/30sec. is the longest. Put the camera in 4K mode, with M exposure control, then switch focus lever to MF. Voila! Now lower shutter speeds accessible, and can lead to a huge 4 stop light gain for static nighttime scenes that plays back smoothly, and nice light trails for vehicles. Why M focus mode triggers this is a mystery...Also good for showing motion in performers, etc.

Pete
« Last Edit: May 29, 2015, 11:18:27 am by Pete Berry »

BobDavid

Re: GH4 4K photo time lapse
« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2015, 09:48:13 pm »

Neat little movie. I like the music too.
Pages: [1]   Go Up