Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Canon 5d2 Why Orange Yellow  (Read 6200 times)

jjj

• http://www.futtfuttfuttphotography.com
Re: Canon 5d2 Why Orange Yellow
« Reply #20 on: May 29, 2015, 04:43:38 pm »

Again, I'm checking notify me of replies and do not get email notification as in the past. Moderator here?
Have you tried clicking 'notify' button at bottom right?
I avoid email notifications, I simply look at 'show new replies to your posts' at top right whenever I have time to look at LuLa forums.
« Last Edit: May 29, 2015, 04:45:12 pm by jjj »
Tradition is the Backbone of the Spinele

fdisilvestro

• Frank Disilvestro
« Reply #21 on: May 29, 2015, 05:26:13 pm »

The problem could be either a blown out channel or metamerism. If you could post an image we may be able to help you better.

To solve in post: Have you tried changing the hue and saturation of the yellows in the hsl panel in ACR? If you have Photoshop you may be able to do a selection based on color range and then change the hue / saturation

Shooting in RAW will definetly be a preferable option but it will not solve metamerism because it is a structural issue. Even if you shot RAW, you may have problems in straight conversions to AdobeRGB or sRGB, because the red primary (which is the same for both color spaces, is not very saturated), so any saturated red, yellow and orange will require some tweaking of hue / saturation in post.

spidermike

« Reply #22 on: June 01, 2015, 06:14:24 am »

Thanks guys.
Well like I said I shot an orange (fruit), jpeg yesterday and it was fine. Could it be an orange dress, it was kind of shear, silky could have been a flukey thing that made color go haywire to yellow?

There could be different reasons - is the lighting the same? Exposure settings?
Was light coming through the dress (transmissive colour) as much as from the surface (reflective, as with the orange).
'Being orange' is not always the same. What are the different wavelengths making up that 'orange'? The brain is pretty good at cutting out 'unnecessary' information and simplifying the image (this is where the artist Turner experimented with representation of light)
As I say the only thing you can do is do the actual shoot again and try different things. 
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up