Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: IPF8300 multi-sensor error  (Read 8635 times)

mikev1

IPF8300 multi-sensor error
« on: May 24, 2015, 12:50:16 pm »

Hello my 8300 is showing a multi-sensor error.  Anyone have any experience replacing it themselves?

Landscapes

Re: IPF8300 multi-sensor error
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2015, 06:35:36 pm »

I had to have the carriage and main board replaced on my 6400.  I believe that when I was chatting with the tech guy about the multi sensor and how simple it looks, I think he said the carriage has to be taken out anyway to do it, so if you ever need a new multi sensor, I assume they would just want to replace the carriage unit since the multi sensor comes installed on a new carriage unit.  I hope I'm wrong though because its quite a few hours of work to replace the carriage unit and the part doesn't look cheap.

Jofish

« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2015, 11:02:06 am »

On the 6300 it is on the left side of the print head carrier. One screw. 5 minutes to replace. Can be done by moving print head from park position, sort of like changing printheads, unscrewing and removing ribbon cable. Takes a little dexterity, but not hard. I replaced mine. Cost about $60, if I remember correctly. Instructions are in the repair manual. Curious as to what makes you want to replace multi-sensor? Mine stopped emitting light and wouldn't recognize edge of paper.

Iggy

mikev1

« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2015, 02:16:17 pm »

Do you need to take the top cover off?  I can't see any screw just by looking at it. 

The printer is giving a multi sensor error, can't load paper even in service mode.

Jofish

« Reply #4 on: May 27, 2015, 09:58:50 am »

The attached photos may help locate the Multisensor. Remember this is the IPF6300. One word of caution... I've found that the Cannon error codes are unreliable in isolating the cause of issues and it appears from posters that Canon technicians end up replacing all the major parts during service calls, rather than a specific part.
Iggy

MesaGuy

« Reply #5 on: November 12, 2016, 05:33:03 pm »

I have the same problem with my iPF6300. Got error code 03010000-200C which says Paper size not detected" More specifically - "Media leading edge not detected"  I just now removed the item shown in the drawing with the one screw and cable ribbon. Is this small unit the multi-sensor? If so where does one go to buy a replacement? Is it through Canon? Thanks for any help with how to order.  Terry
Pages: [1]   Go Up