Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: i1Profiler ver 1.6.1 - patch size warning message  (Read 1263 times)

rxchaos

i1Profiler ver 1.6.1 - patch size warning message
« on: May 24, 2015, 12:31:48 pm »

I upgraded i1Profiler to version 1.6.1 yesterday. My XRite device is a i1PhotoPro2. I'm running MacOS10.9.5

My standard settings are...
- Number of patches 3750
- using default test chart margins & default patch layout

With these settings there's a message "The chosen value is below the recommended patch height of 0.314961mm. The settings may have a negative impact on the reliability of your measurements"

This message appears no matter what number of patches, or chart margins or patch size I choose.
Something amiss? Is there a solution.  Should I just ignore this message.  I didn't have this problem in the previous versions.

Look forward to a solution

rxchaos

Re: i1Profiler ver 1.6.1 - patch size warning message
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2015, 01:04:41 pm »

There’s a quick fix to this issue that I just discovered. Just  switch the units to “mm”. The message appears only when the units is “inches”. 

Wish XRite paid closer attention to such details.

digitaldog

• Andrew Rodney
    • http://www.digitaldog.net/
Re: i1Profiler ver 1.6.1 - patch size warning message
« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2015, 01:29:02 pm »

There’s a quick fix to this issue that I just discovered. Just  switch the units to “mm”. The message appears only when the units is “inches”. 
Wish XRite paid closer attention to such details.
Their internal (and or external) beta testing and internal Q&E is in a class by itself, truly awful.
That said, I'd be careful about using patches that are at minimal values if possible, bigger to some degree is better depending on the Spectrophotometer. Considering how darn buggy this product is, I'm not certain a minimal patch size wouldn't negatively affect the resulting profile depending on a number of factors.
http://www.digitaldog.net/
Author "Color Management for Photographers".
Pages: [1]   Go Up