Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Ait  (Read 1071 times)

Chris Calohan

• Editing Allowed
Ait
« on: May 22, 2015, 07:51:31 am »

The marshlands around me are broken up by little tidal rivers spotted with little bog islands.
If it Ain't Broke, Leave it Alone; if it is Broke, Fix it; if it's a Maybe, Play With it - Who Knows

NancyP

Re: Ait
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2015, 11:03:03 am »

I like the composition - a bit different.

luxborealis

• luxBorealis.com - photography by Terry McDonald
« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2015, 08:03:38 am »

Perhaps your best work yet, Chris. This is wonderful! I love the geometry of the irregular sweeping curve. There is also a conceptual difference between the dark water and the bright grass. The clouds/jet trails reflection just adds an additional dynamism.

Is there, perhaps, just a smidgen more along the top? I understand why you don't want any sky or anything else, as that would ruin the felling of the sweep of river and grasses, but I think it needs just a bit more of the grasses along the top to allow the top left lit grass to "breathe" a little.

Also, consider accentuating the light by introducing just a little more local contrast and perhaps a slight warming to the lit grass areas in the top left and central "island" grass to give it slightly more visual and conceptual "separation" from the "cold" water.

Any thoughts on B&W - huge potential here, too. It is reminiscent of the great images made of the Snake River Canyon - the smaller scale here in no way alters the potential for using that beautiful light to its advantage.

Of course, if what I'm suggesting is completely out of line with your original intention, ignore me!
Terry McDonald - luxBorealis.com

David Eckels

• It's just a camera.
    • Website
« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2015, 08:20:05 am »

I like the composition - a bit different.
+1
Like Terry, I wondered why you cut it so close on the the upper edge, but I'd be proud 'twer mine!
I think the dark shadows complement the sweeping (swirling?) lines and the mood. The leading lines of the reflected contrails (clouds?), oh yeah!
Fine Art, Chris.

sdwilsonsct

« Reply #4 on: May 23, 2015, 09:18:10 am »

Well-seen!

Chris Calohan

• Editing Allowed
« Reply #5 on: May 23, 2015, 03:15:07 pm »

Thanks, that edge is exactly at the line where the sky starts. I edited this on my laptop sans the large color calibrated monitor and a few other tools I use so when I go back and do the print edit, I'll take thes things into consideration. I might be able to build some addtional grass from an exposure made prior to this one.
If it Ain't Broke, Leave it Alone; if it is Broke, Fix it; if it's a Maybe, Play With it - Who Knows

Paulo Bizarro

• http://www.paulobizarro.com
« Reply #6 on: May 25, 2015, 04:21:41 am »

I like it, it shows the sky, without including the sky.
Pages: [1]   Go Up