Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: C1 8.2 does not handle scanned non-camera jpg files...  (Read 6324 times)

Fons

C1 8.2 does not handle scanned non-camera jpg files...
« on: May 20, 2015, 03:09:30 pm »

Just found out that C2 8.2 does not handle scanned non-camera jpg files. I had several 100 scanned jpg's in my Aperture library and they were all happily ignored (without warning) during the Aperture library import process. What the heck? How do I do DAM of these files? Have to use LR next to C1 to replace Aperture? How come nobody complained about this? I am going crazy finding a functional equivalent for Aperture. F*&k Apple for killing Aperture.

I've submitted a feature request to PhaseOne, but this is just a warning so you don't run into the same problem for the time being.

Cheers, Fons.

AlterEgo

Re: C1 8.2 does not handle scanned non-camera jpg files...
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2015, 04:51:16 pm »

Just found out that C2 8.2 does not handle scanned non-camera jpg files. I had several 100 scanned jpg's in my Aperture library and they were all happily ignored (without warning) during the Aperture library import process. What the heck? How do I do DAM of these files? Have to use LR next to C1 to replace Aperture? How come nobody complained about this? I am going crazy finding a functional equivalent for Aperture. F*&k Apple for killing Aperture.

I've submitted a feature request to PhaseOne, but this is just a warning so you don't run into the same problem for the time being.

Cheers, Fons.

totally stupid suggestion - may be convert them to .tiff container ?

JWB

« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2015, 05:23:20 pm »

Cheers, Fons.

For the most part, Capture One does support JPEG files. It shouldn't matter where they come from. But there are some factors that could cause Capture One to ignore the files. For example, Capture One will not work with particularly small JPEG files.

You may want to consult with Phase One support. They're usually quite responsive.

BobShaw

• Aspiration Images
« Reply #3 on: May 20, 2015, 07:34:52 pm »

There is probably something wrong with the JPG files. Do CMD-I on them. Check the permissions. Copy them to a separate folder and see if they import then.
Website - http://AspirationImages.com
Studio and Commercial Photography

indusphoto

• 500px
« Reply #4 on: May 22, 2015, 03:05:26 pm »

I tried to import my scanned jpeg(documents, not images) and it worked. So something else is wrong in your setup. I am on a PC though.

David Edge

« Reply #5 on: May 25, 2015, 02:03:41 pm »

I too have just imported several hundred such files into COP only two being rejected. The only slight problem is that some are too small to edit and so you can't change the metadata. I can live with that.

Aperture also used to have problems with small jpegs.

David Edge

SecondFocus

• SecondFocus
« Reply #6 on: May 29, 2015, 12:27:40 am »

I use C1 Pro with scanned jpgs and have for a long time. Current version as well.
« Last Edit: June 09, 2015, 05:17:55 pm by SecondFocus »
Ian L. Sitren
[url=http://SecondFocus.co
Pages: [1]   Go Up