Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Is there a way to change the background color on the forum?  (Read 10656 times)

Rand47

Hello, "Powers that be..."   ;D

I've been digging around in my profile preferences looking for a way to have the forum message background color something other than the off white / light gray that it is.  I haven't found a way to do that.  I think the image viewing experience would be enhanced if it were possible.

Am I missing something?  A slightly darker gray would be perfect.

Thanks in advance,
Rand
« Last Edit: May 20, 2015, 01:52:01 pm by Rand47 »
Rand Scott Adams

Rainer SLP

• RS-Fotografia
Re: Is there a way to change the background color on the forum?
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2015, 03:10:37 pm »

Hello, "Powers that be..."   ;D

I've been digging around in my profile preferences looking for a way to have the forum message background color something other than the off white / light gray that it is.  I haven't found a way to do that.  I think the image viewing experience would be enhanced if it were possible.

Am I missing something?  A slightly darker gray would be perfect.

Thanks in advance,
Rand

Hi,

I second that, but only for the image viewing when opening in a new window, and perhaps place the images in the center of that new window of the monitor when resizing to full size ?
Thanks and regards Rainer
 I am here for

ripgriffith

• ripsart.com
« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2015, 03:17:11 am »

A slightly darker gray would be perfect.

To my eyes, black type on a "slightly darker gray" background would just be that much harder to read. Give me black on white. For an example of this, click on "quote" or "reply" which will bring up the response page.  There you will see black on white, back on gray, black on darker gray.

Rainer SLP

• RS-Fotografia
« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2015, 06:06:34 pm »

Hi,

I second that, but only for the image viewing when opening in a new window, and perhaps place the images in the center of that new window of the monitor when resizing to full size ?

I just found out that Mozilla Firefox automatically adds a dark background when viewing images and enlarging the image window to full size of the monitor, it places the image in the center of the window. So I will stay with Firefox as my default browser.
Thanks and regards Rainer
 I am here for
Pages: [1]   Go Up