Equipment & Techniques > Cameras, Lenses and Shooting gear

Nikon D810 from 42nd Street Photo

(1/2) > >>

HSakols:
I notice Nikon D810 are selling for a discount at 42nd street photo (2,299.00).  How do know if it comes with a US warranty? 

dwswager:

--- Quote from: HSakols on May 20, 2015, 11:02:42 am ---I notice Nikon D810 are selling for a discount at 42nd street photo (2,299.00).  How do know if it comes with a US warranty?  

--- End quote ---

Almost positive that would be a grey model, imported by someone other than Nikon USA and without US warranty, but if you really want to check, give them a call.

If it sounds too good to be true, it usually is!

nemophoto:
They are a rip off. I bought my 1Dx from them a couple years ago. They sold the camera, at the time for about $6k, which was them about $800-900 below places like B&H. I said I wanted a US version, which they said was about $100 less than B&H at the time, around $6700 vs. $6800. But when I got it, the menus were in some sort of Asian characters with three languages total in the menu: 2 Asian, and English. To make a long story short, it was obviously their gray market body which they sold to me for the same amount as a US camera. I fought it it out via Amex... and lost. I needed the camera and kept it. Was the camera OK? Absolutely. Same exact body, different menus. I have no problem buying gray market at times, but what I objected to was buying what was suppose to be a USA version, being given a gray market body, but still at USA prices.

If you are OK with gray market, go to eBay instead. The sellers there are pretty up front (at least the good ones). They will say it's an import. If you want a USA version, buy from B&H or Adorama or some other reputable camera dealer. Avoid 42st St.

AFairley:
What nemphoto said.

DeanChriss:
I purchased from 42nd Street Photo once, years ago, and I'll never do it again.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version