Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Sync with Lightroom mobile not working  (Read 1467 times)

Richard Ripley

• http://www.richardripley.com
Sync with Lightroom mobile not working
« on: May 18, 2015, 10:06:17 pm »

Hello:

Ever since I upgraded to Lightroom 6 from Lightroom 5 I have been unable to use Lightroom mobile. For Lightroom 5 I was using the standalone version and when I upgraded to LR 6 I am using the CC version which should allow me to use LR mobile. I called Adobe about this and spent quite a few hours trying to straighten out the problem. I finally was told that my Creative Cloud license does not cover the use of LR mobile. LR 6 shows that my "Subscription has expired."

I am a community college instructor and I purchased my Creative Cloud subscription from College Buys. It is the Adobe Creative Cloud for Faculty 1 year subscription. The Creative Cloud subscription which I purchased includes 20 Adobe programs. No where on either Adobe's site or on College Buys site is it indicated that the subscription is "crippled." There is one reference to a particular vendor (Kivuto) that Adobe says does not provide LR mobile access. Please see the link below:

https://helpx.adobe.com/lightroom/kb...mberships.html

The thing is, I never purchased Creative Cloud from Kivuto and in fact the Help document listed above states, "Student & Teacher educational memberships purchased from Adobe.com, Amazon.com, and other third-party retailers (excluding Kivuto) aren't affected." I of course purchased my CC subscription from College Buys.

I went back and forth with Adobe about this over several days and was promised that I would be sent a link to a document that described why I wasn't able to use LR mobile. I never received any sort of document or a link to any Adobe document. I have never been able to find any such document on Adobe's sites.

LR mobile isn't essential to my work. It just would be nice to have.

Does anyone have any insight into the problem I am having? Any thoughts? Is there someone I can contact at Adobe who might be able to straighten this out?

BTW, I am a pretty patient person and Adobe's Tech Support and Customer Service throughout all of this was just HORRIBLE.

john beardsworth

• My photography site
Re: Sync with Lightroom mobile not working
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2015, 02:23:16 am »

For awkward problems like this, I'd recommend you send a tweet to @AdobeCare.

Richard Ripley

• http://www.richardripley.com
« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2015, 02:32:09 am »

Thank you John. I don't tweet - is there a useful email address?

john beardsworth

• My photography site
« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2015, 02:47:41 am »

I'm sure there must be, but I don't know of one - and tweeting is a good way to get corporates to fix problems. How can they contact you - given they won't be members here or at LrF?
Pages: [1]   Go Up