Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Problems with using paper profiles when printing to jpeg  (Read 914 times)

aebolzan

• agustinbolzan

Yesterday I was printing to jpg to take my pictures to  a custom lab when I noticed that some pictures acquired a terrible  tonality.....a strong magenta hue! which did no appear in the LR screen, so it  was impossible to detect before (only after opening the output image in Irfanview)...after repeating the action several times I found that exporting using the paper profile (in my case for Canson Baryta) the colors of the image were strongly displaced to magenta, but if the printing procedure was conducted  using the Adobe RGB profile,   the image was the same as the one appearing in LR. This is something that I do not understand: I used soft proofing to evaluate the image correctly with this paper and nothing like this happened inside the Develop module,  so I was confident that the jpg image would be almost the same to what LR  showed me in the Develop module,   but it was not the case.....why this happens?....Is there anything in the use of paper profiles in the Develop or Print modules that I am overlooking?

Agustin
« Last Edit: May 18, 2015, 06:49:48 pm by aebolzan »

pflower

Re: Problems with using paper profiles when printing to jpeg
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2015, 02:47:24 pm »

....Is there anything in the use of paper profiles in the Develop or Print modules that I am overlooking?

Agustin

Yes paper profiles are designed for specific printers printing to specific papers. You can't use them to create digital files.
Pages: [1]   Go Up