Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Reconstructing a Capture One 8 Catalog  (Read 2354 times)

hubell

Reconstructing a Capture One 8 Catalog
« on: May 18, 2015, 03:38:22 pm »

I use LR as my DAM to manage the location of my digital files, but often use C1 8 to actually process the files into TIFFs that I reimport into my LR catalog. In order to work on my files in C1 8, I import the images into a parallel catalog in C1 8 that refernces the images in the folders on my hard drives. Last week, I purchased a new Mac Pro and had to transition my folders on the internal hard drives to new external hard drives. In addition to renaming the hard drives. I also moved folders around from one new hard drive to another. I used LR to do this rather than the finder so the LR catalog was able to keep track of what I was doing. However, when I later opened the C1 8 catalog, things were a mess. It didn't recognize the names of the new hard drives, and it could not locate the missing folders and images that had been moved. I tried to "rebuild" the existing catalog, but it's just too much of a mess. I think it would make much more sense at this point to create a fresh, new catalog in C1 8, import all of the folders that I want to include in the new catalog, and then "merge" the old catalog into the new one, carrying JUST the image adjustments from the old catalog into the new catalog. Would this work? How do I do it?
Thanks for the help.

indusphoto

• 500px
Re: Reconstructing a Capture One 8 Catalog
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2015, 03:58:07 am »

I am a PC user, so don't know much about Mac, but for FWIW on PC, I can right click on a folder name and select "Locate". This allows me to specify new location of folder if it has been moved outside of C1.

I am sure that an equivalent feature should be available on Mac as well.
Pages: [1]   Go Up