Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Point and Shoot with Sony Exmor + EVF  (Read 8275 times)

billy

Point and Shoot with Sony Exmor + EVF
« on: May 17, 2015, 02:52:47 pm »

i am trying to find a point and shoot camera that has the sony sensor with good DR and have an EVF or viewfinder. I do not want a camera that has an optional EVF that you have to buy. must be built in. Nikon or Sony, and the lowest price, it could be an older generation camera. Any advice? an added bonus would be if it had built in wifi not a deal breaker.

Paul2660

• Photos of Arkansas
Re: Point and Shoot with Sony Exmor + EVF
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2015, 03:55:36 pm »

I would consider A7 or A7r. 

Paul
Paul Caldwell
Little Rock, Arkansas U.S.
www.photosofarkansas.com

billy

« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2015, 05:59:51 pm »

I would consider A7 or A7r. 

Paul

Those are not Point and Shoot cameras. looking for just that.

robdickinson

« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2015, 06:44:39 pm »

RX100?

billy

« Reply #4 on: May 17, 2015, 08:49:18 pm »

RX100?

No built in viewfinder. The rx1003 has one. I was hoping for something cheaper but this might be it.

eronald

• My gallery on Instagram
« Reply #5 on: May 17, 2015, 08:50:47 pm »

RX100?
Mark 3 = viewfinder.

Pricey.
http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/search?Ntt=rx100+mark+III&N=0&InitialSearch=yes&sts=ma&Top+Nav-Search=

BHphoto is more expensive than my local bricks and mortar  store, with 20% tax included

Edmund
If you appreciate my blog posts help me by following on https://instagram.com/edmundronald

billy

« Reply #6 on: May 17, 2015, 09:26:09 pm »

Mark 3 = viewfinder.

Pricey.
http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/search?Ntt=rx100+mark+III&N=0&InitialSearch=yes&sts=ma&Top+Nav-Search=

BHphoto is more expensive than my local bricks and mortar  store, with 20% tax included

Edmund

Darn, I just checked the DXO mark on the sensor DR and its only 12.3 stops. Dealbreaker.

ErikKaffehr

• Echophoto
« Reply #7 on: May 18, 2015, 12:43:24 am »

Hi,

That depends on size. Small sensor, low DR. You won't find high DR figures for small sensor cameras

Best regards
Erik

Darn, I just checked the DXO mark on the sensor DR and its only 12.3 stops. Dealbreaker.
Erik Kaffehr

BernardLanguillier

• http://www.flickr.com/photos/bernardlanguillier/sets/
« Reply #8 on: May 18, 2015, 12:56:50 am »

The soon to replaced A6000 is probably too large also?

I use an a5100 with the same sensor, very small, but it lacks an EVF.

Cheers,
Bernard

spidermike

« Reply #9 on: May 18, 2015, 05:08:36 am »

What dynamic range do you want?

hjulenissen

« Reply #10 on: May 18, 2015, 06:41:13 am »

Sounds like you want the sensor of the Nikon D810 coupled with the EVF of the Sony A7II and the body of the Sony RX-1 at a lower price than the Sony RX100M3.

Sounds like an excellent camera, let me know if you find it :-). I fully agree that an EVF should be integrated or else, don't bother at all. I don't want another expensive, vulnerable wart on my camera that is bound to be forgotten when needed.

I have got the Sony RX100M2 and find it excellent for its size. I will consider the rumored "Sony A7rII" (or whatever it will be called). If the rumored "RX-2" offers break-through quality vs size, that might make the choice hard, though.

-h
« Last Edit: May 18, 2015, 06:44:26 am by hjulenissen »

scooby70

« Reply #11 on: May 18, 2015, 08:56:57 am »

Doesn't the Canon 5D mkIII score just 11.7evs?

As has been said, good luck.

Dave Millier

• Whispering Cat Photography
« Reply #12 on: May 18, 2015, 11:26:29 am »

Fuji X10 in 6MP EXR DR400 mode? Beats Canon APS-C and m4/3, I think.  Drawback is 6MP resolution. Depends whether you need large prints.

Hi,

That depends on size. Small sensor, low DR. You won't find high DR figures for small sensor cameras

Best regards
Erik

My website and photo galleries: http://w

NancyP

« Reply #13 on: May 18, 2015, 11:47:26 am »

I will say that the Sony RX100 I, II, III have been exceedingly popular in the long-range or peak-bagging hiking community, as judged by their fora.

spidermike

« Reply #14 on: May 18, 2015, 12:02:01 pm »

The Panasonic LX100 has a whopping 12.5  :-X

BJL

« Reply #15 on: May 18, 2015, 03:10:42 pm »

i am trying to find a point and shoot camera that has the sony sensor with good DR and have an EVF or viewfinder. I do not want a camera that has an optional EVF that you have to buy. must be built in. Nikon or Sony, and the lowest price, it could be an older generation camera. Any advice? an added bonus would be if it had built in wifi not a deal breaker.
Please also tell us what you want in terms of size and weight, dynamic range, and above all, angular FOV range (zoom range).  Maybe also an acceptable minimum pixel count for the final images, since a camera of higher than needed pixel count can allow a more extended narrow-angle range by cropping down towards that minimum acceptable pixel count when needed.  (Likewise it can improve effective dynamic range by downsampling, but the DXO "print" DR measure adjusts for that.)

P. S. Why the restriction "Nikon or Sony", or specifically to a Sony sensor as opposed to Panasonic, Toshiba, Aptina, etc.?  The Panasonic LX100 and maybe the Fujifilm X100T are other options that could fit your stated performance needs fairly well.
« Last Edit: May 18, 2015, 03:26:48 pm by BJL »

BJL

« Reply #16 on: May 18, 2015, 03:19:09 pm »

Fuji X10 in 6MP EXR DR400 mode? Beats Canon APS-C and m4/3, I think.
Does the Fujifilm X10 (with a 2/3" format sensor from 2011) down-sampled from 12MP to 6MP still beat the latest Canon EF-S and Micro Four Thirds cameras when images from the latter are also down-sampled to 6MP, the only fair way to compare? I suspect that, due to the age of the X10's sensor design and its small size (one fourth the area of a 4/3" sensor), the answer is "no".

Telecaster

« Reply #17 on: May 18, 2015, 04:44:21 pm »

What the OP is looking for is IMO best labeled unobtainium. Personally I'd suggest a Voigtländer rangefinder camera and a brick of Provia 100. Find out what you can do with ~6 stops of DR. (Hint: a lot.)

-Dave-
Pages: [1]   Go Up