Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: The omnipresent species  (Read 1123 times)

Bob_B

• It's all about light
    • Robert Belas Photography
The omnipresent species
« on: May 17, 2015, 09:29:05 am »

I spend a lot of time and effort keeping my bird feeders filled, with hopes of attracting songbirds, and yes they do occasionally appear. Unfortunately, the most frequent visitors tend to be the far more common species, especially these guys. Where they nest is a complete mystery to me, but they always seem to know when I refill the feeder and get there in minutes. That said, even these birds have some beauty, I think. C&C welcomed. Thank you for viewing.

Bob

Robert Belas Photography
www.belasphoto.com

LesPalenik

• advantica blog
Re: The omnipresent species
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2015, 10:42:36 pm »

Pretty pair. It could be worse, could be squirrels. And maybe these guys scare the squirrels away.

Bob_B

• It's all about light
    • Robert Belas Photography
« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2015, 10:43:48 am »

Pretty pair. It could be worse, could be squirrels. And maybe these guys scare the squirrels away.

I wish. I have plenty of squirrels but they can't get at my feeder (squirrel buster feeder), although they have tried to chew through the stainless steel halyard cable the feeder hangs from, and have taken numerous bites out of the metal top. (Thank goodness the feeder has a lifetime replacement warranty. I've replaced the metal top twice, as a result of the squirrel gnawing.) The flip side is there are a couple of redtailed hawks that patrol my feeder and occasionally snag a pigeon or squirrel. Got to love nature.
Robert Belas Photography
www.belasphoto.com

luxborealis

• luxBorealis.com - photography by Terry McDonald
« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2015, 09:28:46 pm »

In reading the topic, I thought the photo would be of Homo sapient. These are much better looking (and much less of a pest!)
Terry McDonald - luxBorealis.com
Pages: [1]   Go Up