Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Tablet for backup  (Read 891 times)

stever

Tablet for backup
« on: May 16, 2015, 08:27:12 pm »

I've been carrying a colorspace as emergency backup (I always take a lap top for extended travel) for quite a while.  The colorspace is a bit fiddly (fortunately I've not yet had to download cards to it) and heavy.  I'm wondering if a tablet can replace it now that 128gb micro sd cards are getting sort of reasonably priced.

Looks like there are a limited number of tablets that have a usb port and micro sd with at least 128gb.

Anyone backing up to a tablet?  Any recommendations?  Any apps that will let me view RAW files?

Paul2660

• Photos of Arkansas
Re: Tablet for backup
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2015, 09:00:11 pm »

I would consider a Surface Pro. Not quite as light but a real OS and the ability to tether.

Paul
Paul Caldwell
Little Rock, Arkansas U.S.
www.photosofarkansas.com

rgs

• Richard Smith Photography
« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2015, 10:31:19 pm »

^^^This!

dwswager

« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2015, 10:59:42 am »

I would consider a Surface Pro. Not quite as light but a real OS and the ability to tether.

Paul
+1 on surface pro 3.  There is a reason that they are somewhat pricey...they are selling well and the version 4 is much anticipated.  Because they integrate so much easier than Android or IPad tablets and because they are fully functional, lots of businesses are standardizing on them now.  Just spoke to a video guy last night from a local news station at a graduation party and that is all they use.  He loves his and said it replaced his laptop, tablet and his desktop with the docking station they gave him with it.
Pages: [1]   Go Up