Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Hasselblad HC 120mm Macro Focusing Speed  (Read 913 times)

gck303

Hasselblad HC 120mm Macro Focusing Speed
« on: May 15, 2015, 03:38:24 am »

I have just got a new lens to go onto my Hasselblad H2.

However, the focusing speed is very slow when compared to the standard 80mm lens.

The focusing motor seems to have two modes 'fast' and 'slow'. In the slow mode it will take a few seconds to move the focusing helicoid a couple of centimeters, as measured on the focusing scale.

Is this normal?

Is my lens duff? It has only taked two thousand exposures, so it seems unlikely.

Dustbak

• Pepperanddust
Re: Hasselblad HC 120mm Macro Focusing Speed
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2015, 08:22:47 am »

The HC120 is indeed very slow with focussing. It will also hunt a lot and it will choose the wrong direction to start auto focussing by default. This lens you do not pick for its AF (I would opt for the HC150 in that case together  with an extention ring if necessary).

Chris Valites

• Capture Integration
Re: Hasselblad HC 120mm Macro Focusing Speed
« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2015, 03:18:49 pm »

The HC120 is indeed very slow with focussing. It will also hunt a lot and it will choose the wrong direction to start auto focussing by default. This lens you do not pick for its AF (I would opt for the HC150 in that case together  with an extention ring if necessary).

I would second this suggestion. I find the best way for me to use the 120 is to twist focus with my hand manually until I'm very close, then engage autofocus. Good illumination on the subject helps, too.
Chris Valites
Research, Marketing & Support, Capture Integration(e-mail Me)
MFDB: Phase One/Leaf-Mamiya/Hasselblad/Leica/Sinar
TechCam: Alpa/Cambo/Arca Swiss/Sinar
Direct: 716.913.7936
Pages: [1]   Go Up