Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Canon ifp5000 M problems  (Read 566 times)

allengambrell

Canon ifp5000 M problems
« on: May 14, 2015, 06:18:32 pm »

I have a ifp5000 that has not been used much and I have just came up with some uses for it. It had the original ink that came with it still in it.
I have replaced every ink cart in it and am having problems with the Magenta.

It seems like the M ink is not printing sometimes. I can proform a clean and the nossle check looks ok as you can see, but the color of the M ink channel looks dark brown! I then have tried printing a full page of Magenta from photoshop and it prints brown for a while then goes to a more redish color (seems like it is a little bit of red ink to mix the color). Then I ran another nossle check and the M ink channel shows as all clogged.
I have attached images of this.

I was getting this problem and decided to replace the head. Last week replaced the right head, same problem.
After that, I replaced the M cart with a brand new one, but still getting the same problem. The old one was almost new, but out of date.

Is it bad M ink stuck in the lines? Brown Color? If so is there a way to only use M ink to try to force it out?

At this point I have alot of money sunk into ink and am very close to getting it right.
Pages: [1]   Go Up