Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Compact non-system cameras  (Read 1490 times)

MatthewCromer

Compact non-system cameras
« on: May 14, 2015, 04:00:20 pm »

Where is the forum for discussions about RX100, RX10, RX1R, G7X and other very serious, very high quality, compact to very compact cameras?

I don't see many / any threads on LL about these cameras these days, which is odd, because I use my RX100M2 more than my interchangeable lens cameras. I noticed Thom Hogan admitted the same over on his blog this week.

AlterEgo

Re: Compact non-system cameras
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2015, 04:13:41 pm »

Where is the forum for discussions about RX100, RX10, RX1R, G7X and other very serious, very high quality, compact to very compact cameras?

I don't see many / any threads on LL about these cameras these days, which is odd, because I use my RX100M2 more than my interchangeable lens cameras. I noticed Thom Hogan admitted the same over on his blog this week.

are you asking for directions (where to find the topic) or you are suggesting that we have (as an obligation) to discuss those ?

MatthewCromer

« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2015, 04:36:32 pm »

I'm asking where those cameras are discussed. I don't see much discussion of them at LL, which seems strange.

I know I can't be the only one who always has my RX100 on me, and gets lots of amazing images with it, that would not exist with an iPhone, or a bigger camera that I certainly won't carry around all the time!

Paulo Bizarro

• http://www.paulobizarro.com
« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2015, 03:32:11 am »

I would think that the right forum would be "Cameras, lenses, and shooting gear"?

Indeed it is strange, not many discussion about "serious" compact cameras, like the Panasonic LX100/Leica DLux, or even the recent incarnations of the Fuji X100(T)...

MatthewCromer

« Reply #4 on: May 15, 2015, 03:03:49 pm »

I noticed there are right now categories for digital cameras in general (which is pretty much just dSLR/dSLT discussion), Compact System Cameras, Medium Format Cameras and iPhone / Mobile cameras.

I'd recommend taking the Cameras, Lenses and Shooting Gear group and break it into:

- dSLRs and dSLTs
- Fixed-lens cameras
- Miscellaneous photography equipment

Pages: [1]   Go Up