Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Arca Swiss Z1 adjustment issue  (Read 886 times)

diliff

Arca Swiss Z1 adjustment issue
« on: May 14, 2015, 07:23:59 am »

Hi guys,

Just wanted to run a relatively minor issue by you. I have an Arca Swiss Z1 ball head and it works fine, for the most part. But one issue that seems to have developed over time is that the reference scale on the adjustment knob is significantly incorrect. When I set the weakest friction to the point where the ball is flopping about limply, the scale shows about 6.5 out of 12. It won't go any lower than that. When I tighten it, it goes all the way off the scale past 12, starts back at 0 and finishes at about 5 again. Functionally, it still works absolutely fine, but it's a minor annoyance and at the back of my mind, I'm also wondering if it's indicative of another problem that hasn't yet revealed itself. Is it common, and is there a way to correct it?

Herbc

Re: Arca Swiss Z1 adjustment issue
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2015, 09:41:43 am »

get in touch with Bob Atkins of precision camera(I think that is the co)- he is the Arca repair guy, and he will tell you what the deal is.  Last time I had a problem he repaired    the whole head for free.

NancyP

« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2015, 10:36:42 am »

The scale is a bit off on mine as well, but it started out life that way and works very well, with no change in function, so I never bothered to get the scale changed.

Ellis Vener

• http://www.ellisvener.com
« Reply #3 on: May 14, 2015, 03:54:22 pm »

I use the main knob to set the minimum drag I want for a specific lens and camera combination on the ball,  dial that in with the thumbscrew, and then rotate the scale so 0 lines up against the reference mark.
Pages: [1]   Go Up