Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: One simple and one not  (Read 1207 times)

BobDavid

One simple and one not
« on: May 14, 2015, 02:12:15 am »

placid and frenetic

stamper

Re: One simple and one not
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2015, 03:27:14 am »

I think you have struck gold with these two? Totally different and very likeable, especially the first one. Well done!

John R

« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2015, 09:46:17 am »

Excellent work. Very creative. One minor suggestion is to clone out the seagulls. Were they large, I would not even comment as they would add to the scene. But being so small they only look distracting, almost like dust spots.

JR
« Last Edit: May 14, 2015, 10:04:10 am by John R »

Diego Pigozzo

« Reply #3 on: May 14, 2015, 09:55:55 am »

Beautiful work, indeed.
I strongly like more the latter and, for some strange reason, I think it's the placid one.
When I grow up I want to be a photographer.
https://www.flickr.com/photos/diegopig/

BobDavid

« Reply #4 on: May 14, 2015, 10:12:53 am »

I like the first one for the simplicity and evocation of serenity. I like the second one for the tension between colors, movement, and graphics--the green bottle is incidental.

The first picture was shot about fifteen minutes before I captured the sequence for the second picture. As an aside, I was in a nearly meditative state while taking the first photo (and the series it was culled from). I had to crouch down to the ground, straining my back, knees, and neck to get the sequence of the lady walking along the shore.
« Last Edit: May 14, 2015, 10:14:37 am by BobDavid »

Diego Pigozzo

« Reply #5 on: May 14, 2015, 10:22:34 am »

I like the first one for the simplicity and evocation of serenity. I like the second one for the tension between colors, movement, and graphics--the green bottle is incidental.

I feel the second one is more placid probably because I'm a technical guy who's more happy with clarity rather than simplicity.
In the second image I see structure the gives me a sense of organization, of clear-cut directives.
The first one, instead, is too little organized to give me placidity.

But that's only me: I wrote all of the above not as a critic but as an exposition of internal feelings.
When I grow up I want to be a photographer.
https://www.flickr.com/photos/diegopig/

BobDavid

« Reply #6 on: May 14, 2015, 10:39:36 am »

I completely get where you are coming from, Diego. That's why I like to throw stuff up here on the "User Critiques" forum.  I love to read what people think about stuff photographers post here. I have really learned a lot by reading what people say about the different types of pictures that end up here--street photography, landscape photography, architecture photography, abstract, experimental, etc. This is the nicest spot on the web--I don't think I've ever read anything mean-spirited here. And that's a relief from a lot of the nastiness that gets bandied about on other photo forums.

I like the virtual community here and the passion we all share re photography.
Pages: [1]   Go Up