Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Epson Ink Price Increase? Anyone the same?  (Read 1738 times)

Shawn

Epson Ink Price Increase? Anyone the same?
« on: May 13, 2015, 04:21:20 pm »

Hi All,
Been a while since I have been on the forum but was wondering if everyone else has the same issue..My supplier says the price of Epson 220ml inks for my Epson 9880 have gone up almost $27 per cartridge!! I did some looking online and it seems so....$111 for a 220ml cart?..is it the same across the board in Canada here..? Caused by the drop in the loonie? Its only a month since last ordered..seems a steep increase.

Thanks for any info.

Shawn
Whalen Fine Art.
Keene, On

Landscapes

Re: Epson Ink Price Increase? Anyone the same?
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2015, 08:37:57 pm »

There was a fairly big increase on Epson paper at my local dealer on April 1.  It came down from Epson.  Now I have no idea how much Epson increases their prices, and if the dealer keeps the ratio of cost to selling price the same, but it was pretty significant and makes sense given the fact that the dollar lost a good 15% at least.

Shawn

« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2015, 08:44:04 pm »

Ok that sounds  like increases to come on more items..I was jut somewaht shocked at a $27.00 per cartridge increase..will find out tomorrow but hopefully it was a mistake! :)

BobShaw

• Aspiration Images
« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2015, 04:08:48 am »

Welcome to the rest of the world. $134 for a 200mL cartridge in Australia. When 80mL cartridges were $53 in the US they were $108 here. Nothing to do with the cost of the cartridges.
Website - http://AspirationImages.com
Studio and Commercial Photography

I.T. Supplies

« Reply #4 on: May 15, 2015, 01:04:26 pm »

Epson has increased their small format printer (8.5" and 13" model) ink from a few months ago.  I'm not sure if this was extended to large format printer ink out of the US (Canada, Australia, etc), but our 220ml ink price haven't changed for the 9800/9880 for a few years now.  This may be something that Epson is doing with different int'l locations from what I'm reading.  If that's the case, can't say it won't happen in the US sometime soon or in the future.

Atlex.com

jeffreybehr

• Happily retired accountant
I know the 3880 printer is discontinued, so this may not be...
« Reply #5 on: May 15, 2015, 06:22:35 pm »

...indicative of ink for continuing printers, but Atlex.com's prices for 3880 ink are the same as they were a few months ago.
Pages: [1]   Go Up