Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Lightromm CC Instability  (Read 2099 times)

Steve48

Lightromm CC Instability
« on: May 13, 2015, 09:56:56 am »

My Detail settings (noise reduction and sharpening) sometimes get reset when I create a radial filter, accompanied by a screen 'blink'.

I am running Windowes 7 and have 16gb of ram and have a graphics processor that is being utilized.

Anyone else experience things like this?

RikkFlohr

• Adobe, Inc. - Photography Products
    • Rikk Flohr's Website
Re: Lightromm CC Instability
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2015, 10:51:22 am »

In Preferences>Performance, uncheck your GPU.
Does it still do it?
Rikk Flohr
Quality Engineer Customer Advocate - Photography Products
Adobe

Steve48

« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2015, 11:17:25 am »

It seems to be stable when the graphics processor is disabled.

I just purchased this processor because my previous one wasn't being used.

So this one is being used but its presence seems to cause an instability.

RikkFlohr

• Adobe, Inc. - Photography Products
    • Rikk Flohr's Website
« Reply #3 on: May 13, 2015, 12:04:02 pm »

Make sure you have the latest driver installed for that GPU. Don't trust OS updates, go to the Vid Card's manufacturer's site.
Rikk Flohr
Quality Engineer Customer Advocate - Photography Products
Adobe

Steve48

« Reply #4 on: May 13, 2015, 01:06:35 pm »

I have updated the driver, --original install was from cd that came with driver a few weeks ago.
The instability seems gone and the develop module is much more responsive. I am finally getting the benefit of the GPU.

Thanks for your input.

Kirk Gittings

• http://www.KirkGittings.com
« Reply #5 on: May 13, 2015, 11:57:44 pm »

I am continually having to rest my preferences to keep it running otherwise I get freezes and things like losing the white circle from previous uses of adjustment brushes or clone stamp and other things harder to explain like brushes continuing to paint after I release the mouse button or the sliders doing absolutely nothing after defining an area with the AB. The only thing that seems to fix this is resetting preferences but boy is that getting to be a huge pain. On a complicated image I will have to reset prefs at least twice and many more sometimes. This is on a W7 machine with 24 GB of ram. I have updated the driver for the graphics card directly from manufacturer, cleared catches etc. but I do get less problems when I turn the GPU off. I'm thinking I need to wipe everything and do a clean install, but don't have the time clear to do it right now-takes me about two days.
« Last Edit: May 14, 2015, 12:55:13 am by Kirk Gittings »
Thanks,
Kirk Gittings

graeme

« Reply #6 on: May 18, 2015, 08:36:03 pm »

Installed Lightroom CC today. I'm running it on a retina iMac ( 4 GHz Intel Core i7, AMD Radeon R9 M295X 4096 MB, 32 GB RAM ).

GPU checked: Scrolling in an image at 1:1 is horribly slow - the image takes ages to redraw every time it's scrolled. Adjustment brush strokes & adjustment brush sliders take about 20 seconds to redraw on the screen. Toggling the mask overlay on & off also takes about 20 seconds. Crop tool is very clunky to use.

GPU unchecked: Unchecking the GPU often seems to freeze Lightroom ( spinning beachball ) & force quitting is the only way out. If the app doesn't freeze it seems more responsive: Adjustments &  mask overlays redraw a little faster. Crop tools is still lousy.

Out of interest I started up Lightroom 4: It was a bit clunky but useable.

Adobe: WTF?

Graeme
Pages: [1]   Go Up