Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Locked photos  (Read 2439 times)

Andres Bonilla

Locked photos
« on: February 07, 2006, 01:15:27 pm »

I just bought a Rebel camera and I locked the photos to prevent accidental deleting, now in Photoshop I am unable to resave the photo with the adjustments because is locked. It says to unlock it with the properties in the Explorer window but I have not seen any unlock command anywhere.
How do I unlock the photo?

Thanks,

Andres

Richowens

Locked photos
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2006, 02:26:39 pm »

Andres,

Go into Windows Explorer, find the folder that all the files are in.
Right click on that folder, go down to properties in the little window that pops up.
Click on properties. In this window uncheck read only.
This will change the attributes to all the files in this folder, unless it is a system folder, such as My Pictures, in which case you will have to select all the files by using ctrl A. Then go to the first file that is selected, right click, go to properties and uncheck read only. This will do the same thing.
This should allow your changes to be saved to the photo.

Anyway, that is the way it works on mine with Windows 2000.

Hope it works for you.

Rich

Hank

Locked photos
« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2006, 03:00:25 pm »

I'm not sure this will work because I haven't dealt with photos locked as you describe.  However, when working with images on a CD (which are technically locked), you can't save them back to the CD, but you can save the modified version to a new destination folder.  Have you tried that?  If it worked it would be a handy way to save your new version while not unlocking all the images in the original folder.

Andres Bonilla

Locked photos
« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2006, 03:49:12 pm »

Thanks guys, I managed to figured out the read only part but my problem now is that some of these images were shot as fine jpeg, once I do all my adjustments CS2 does not resave the original but rather shows a jpeg dialog with new compression settings and the option to rename the file. So I get a new compressed copy of the original. The intial shot stays as it was.
Pages: [1]   Go Up