Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Anyone in Los Angeles / S. Calif. with an H4D50 or H5D50?  (Read 6004 times)

epines

• ethan pines photography
Anyone in Los Angeles / S. Calif. with an H4D50 or H5D50?
« on: May 12, 2015, 04:25:37 pm »

I'm considering upgrading to an H4D50 or H5D50, and before I do, I'd like to make sure it works well with my tech-camera setup (Alpa with Schneider 35mm Digitar and Rodenstock 55mm).

I'd love to stop by and just take a few quick shots. Feel free to PM or email me: ethan@ethanpines.com.

thanks
ethan

Doug Peterson

• http://www.doug-peterson.com
Re: Anyone in Los Angeles / S. Calif. with an H4D50 or H5D50?
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2015, 04:51:05 pm »

I'm considering upgrading to an H4D50 or H5D50, and before I do, I'd like to make sure it works well with my tech-camera setup (Alpa with Schneider 35mm Digitar and Rodenstock 55mm).

I'm going to be in LA all next week and can bring any Phase/Leaf digital back you'd like to try.

The interface and features on the Team Phase One Credo, IQ and IQ2 backs are of huge benefit on a tech camera and Phase One's implementation of LCC correction in C1 is class leading.

Even if you're considering the H4D-50 or H5D-50 I think it makes sense to try the alternatives before you pull the trigger.
« Last Edit: May 12, 2015, 05:20:31 pm by Doug Peterson »

NickT

« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2015, 05:29:00 pm »

Yes you should probably look at Canon, Nikon, Leica, Sony, Megavision, Betterlight, and Kodak too, any other sales people want to chip in? ;D

Doug Peterson

« Reply #3 on: May 12, 2015, 05:45:03 pm »

Yes you should probably look at Canon, Nikon, Leica, Sony, Megavision, Betterlight, and Kodak too, any other sales people want to chip in? ;D

Do any of those work on a tech camera as the OP asks?

I'm not spamming here. The two logical options on a tech camera are Phase and Hassy.

Steve Goldsmith

« Reply #4 on: May 12, 2015, 10:20:02 pm »

Ethan,

I would be glad to put you in touch with someone in S. Cal or LA that could help you with this.
We have the H solutions that you mention as well as our CFV-50c that would work for your application.

I will pass your name & email on to our West Coast Rep, feel free to email me directly with additional contact information for yourself.

-Steve
Steve Goldsmith
Hasselblad Inc.
steve.goldsmith@hasselblad.com | mobile: 847-722-3397

eronald

• My gallery on Instagram
« Reply #5 on: May 12, 2015, 11:21:51 pm »

Ethan, if you're trashing an older Hassy, I'll be delighted to swap it for a 35mm camera ...

Edmund
If you appreciate my blog posts help me by following on https://instagram.com/edmundronald

tjv

« Reply #6 on: May 13, 2015, 05:43:30 am »

These kind of posts from dealers get tired very quickly.

I'm going to be in LA all next week and can bring any Phase/Leaf digital back you'd like to try.

The interface and features on the Team Phase One Credo, IQ and IQ2 backs are of huge benefit on a tech camera and Phase One's implementation of LCC correction in C1 is class leading.

Even if you're considering the H4D-50 or H5D-50 I think it makes sense to try the alternatives before you pull the trigger.

eronald

• My gallery on Instagram
« Reply #7 on: May 13, 2015, 07:13:16 am »

These kind of posts from dealers get tired very quickly.

I agree with the sentiment,  but as we cannot really stop the dealers we should take advantage of them: Doug only does as well as his reputation here - and to keep this excellent reputation current he needs to offer forum members really good deals and really impeccable support, let's not forget we can be a really demanding bunch   ;D

Some added Hassy, Leica and Pentax dealer presence would be desirable too. Competition never hurt the customer :)

Edmund
« Last Edit: May 13, 2015, 07:53:04 am by eronald »
If you appreciate my blog posts help me by following on https://instagram.com/edmundronald

jduncan

« Reply #8 on: May 13, 2015, 07:46:05 am »

LOL, I believe the Sony can be adapted to some of the large format cameras.

Best regards
english is not my first language, an I k

Doug Peterson

« Reply #9 on: May 13, 2015, 09:12:49 am »

Some added Hassy, Leica and Pentax dealer presence would be desirable too. Competition never hurt the customer :)

I think it would be great to see experts posting for other brands (dealers or the manufacturers themselves). Steve can usually answer more involved questions for Hassy and Leica, but there isn't (as far as I've seen) someone like that here for Pentax which would be a welcome addition.

alatreille

• Between the Buildings
« Reply #10 on: May 13, 2015, 11:54:33 am »

+1 to seeing a Pentax/Ricoh rep here.
Architectural Photographer
http://www.andrewlatreille.com

epines

• ethan pines photography
« Reply #11 on: May 13, 2015, 12:51:06 pm »

Whoa -- I'm just returning to this thread, which I had no idea would be so controversial. Nothing wrong with a little spirited discussion!

Doug Peterson and Steve Goldsmith, I appreciate your chiming in. I'll email with you directly.

best,
ethan and his H3DII-39

Joe Towner

« Reply #12 on: May 13, 2015, 02:39:52 pm »

Whoa -- I'm just returning to this thread, which I had no idea would be so controversial. Nothing wrong with a little spirited discussion!

Doug Peterson and Steve Goldsmith, I appreciate your chiming in. I'll email with you directly.

best,
ethan and his H3DII-39

No controversy, just folks taking your question and adding answers.  My original reply would have been similar, but since you have a H3DII-39, you already know the fun of firewire tethering and power.

Best,
-Joe
t: @PNWMF

SecondFocus

• SecondFocus
« Reply #13 on: May 13, 2015, 09:47:00 pm »

I appreciate the input from the dealers. It eliminates a lot of the rumor and gets to experienced information. And what better to get the offer of some real assistance. I also know the West Coast Hasselblad rep, he is a real good guy and I am sure he would be of assistance.

Ian L. Sitren
[url=http://SecondFocus.co

BradSmith

« Reply #14 on: May 19, 2015, 02:39:07 pm »

I also strongly support Doug's participation in this forum.  I've found in following LL for the past 7 or 8 years that dealer, wholesaler, manufacturer participation is a very positive, not negative addition. 

In this particular case, Peterson didn't say "......you should buy what I sell, from me, not that other stuff."   So how could the offer he made be "tiring"?

Regarding retailer, dealer, and manufacturer posts, I can't understand why more don't post and offer info to LL forum with its + 1 million visits/month.

Brad

Juanito

• John Raymond Mireles
« Reply #15 on: May 19, 2015, 11:00:28 pm »

You should reach out to the local Hasselblad rep. Matthew is a nice guy. He'll most likely come out and show you the latest and greatest and walk you through it. I'd also take Doug Peterson up on his offer.

MATTHEW FRARY
mfrary@hasselbladbron.com
(800) 367-6434 x324
(323) 336-2821
Pages: [1]   Go Up