Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Mono Lake  (Read 908 times)

maddogmurph

• Maddog's Photography
Mono Lake
« on: May 11, 2015, 02:45:08 pm »

Seems like a pretty typical occurrence at this lake for me, as it's happened fairly regularly.  The high sierras seem to create clouds that quickly dissipate as they enter the Mono Lake valley.  It creates layers in an already unique landscape.  Critique is always welcome.
Maddog Murph
www.depictionsofbeauty.com
Mostly here for constructive feedback.

thierrylegros396

Re: Mono Lake
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2015, 03:17:29 pm »

I like the atmosphere of the first.

Thierry

Rainer SLP

• RS-Fotografia
« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2015, 03:42:48 pm »

Must be an amazing Landscape there. Unfortunately I will never be able to get there  :(

I like the first image the most.

The second one in Portrait format somehow does not awake any feeling in me.

The third one is interesting but the huge rock or whatever it is takes it to a boring level due to the fact that it is placed exactly in the center. Perhaps there a Portrait format with lots of sky with clouds etc. could have helped ¿? The background with those clouds and all the other could have made a huge image.
« Last Edit: May 11, 2015, 05:07:29 pm by Rainer SLP »
Thanks and regards Rainer
 I am here for

maddogmurph

• Maddog's Photography
« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2015, 04:32:50 pm »

Th background with those clouds and all the other could have made a huge image.
Interesting, and well seen, I think you might be right, I'll go back to this set and see what I have.  At the time my eye was on the layering rather than the background abstract.  But the interesting part of this photo for me was always the first morning lighting poking through the clouds behind the toufa rock.
Maddog Murph
www.depictionsofbeauty.com
Mostly here for constructive feedback.

Rainer SLP

• RS-Fotografia
« Reply #4 on: May 11, 2015, 05:14:23 pm »

One more comment. Nowadays every serious photographer already has at least 1920x1080 pixel big monitor.

I know there is a suggested size of 800 pixels on the longest side but they look like post stamps on this huge monitors.

Maybe when presenting Landscape format we could take a hieght of lets say 800 to 900 pixels and so be able to have a nicer look at all those great images ?

When presenting Portrait format then we have a problem unless our monitors switch automatically from Landscape to Portrait if we turn it 90°  ;D

¿ Why are there no Square 1:1 monitors in order to be able not to have the problem watching of the Landscape and Portrait format ?  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
Thanks and regards Rainer
 I am here for

Paulo Bizarro

• http://www.paulobizarro.com
« Reply #5 on: May 13, 2015, 03:28:33 am »

#1 for the dramatic light and mountains;

#2 for nice combination between the elements;

#3 is the weakest of the set in my opinion, the composition is less interesting.
Pages: [1]   Go Up