Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Opinions are like assholes everyones got one  (Read 14356 times)

ripgriffith

• ripsart.com
Re: Opinions are like assholes everyones got one
« Reply #20 on: May 12, 2015, 07:38:46 am »

I'm really surprised..after all anyone who creates a book of 26 road kills and values it at 1600$ (or $2,000 for the 'museum' edition) must be well known to pull in that sort of moolah.

https://www.tumblr.com/tagged/daniel-teoli-jr
As anyone who has been in this business for more than 9 minutes knows, what one values a work at is meaningless; all that counts is what someone has actually paid.  As for value, I have several works the value of which I have pegged to the current price for a Manet.  And I have placed all these works in at least two hundred private collections throughout the world.  However, since I have signed non-disclosure agreements with all these collections, I am not at liberty to disclose just who or where they are.

mezzoduomo

« Reply #21 on: May 12, 2015, 08:59:59 am »

Hmm, just listen to yourselves...

Yes, I hear it, too. It's the sound of BS meters going off.

NancyP

« Reply #22 on: May 12, 2015, 10:41:59 am »

In Missouri, we eat or skin our roadkill, depending on how fresh it is (eat, if you killed it, skin otherwise, assuming it's a species that warrants the effort).  ;D

I prefer photographing the turkey vultures - very graceful when flying, homely when perched.

Jim Pascoe

• http://www.jimpascoe.co.uk
« Reply #23 on: May 12, 2015, 11:39:09 am »

nsfw

https://danielteolijr.wordpress.com/2015/05/10/opinions-are-like-assholes-everyones-got-one/

You start the piece by saying that over the years you have only had eight comments that you consider worthy of a photographer of your accomplishment.  And you then list "a few of the critiques/comments received over the last couple of years.....".  Following which is an almost endless list of negative comments.  Do you want pity, or do just really believe that 99% of the other photographers who view your work have no idea what they are on about?  Even if I had pictures in 98 museums, I could not imagine telling anyone that figure, let alone mention it in almost every post I made.  Could you not say 'I have pictures in a number of museum collections'.

A few of your pictures I like.  Most do nothing for me.  I consider myself neither a better or worse photographer than you.

Jim

spidermike

« Reply #24 on: May 12, 2015, 01:33:06 pm »

His website is car-crash fascinating:

When I made the switch from film to digital I was on Flickr for 9 days before they banned me. I’ve been banned from 90% of the photo forums. That helped make my success. I see where people fail and do the opposite.
https://danielteolijr.wordpress.com/2015/04/26/composition-breaking-the-rules-quick-overhead-lucky-unframed-grab-shot/

elliot_n

« Reply #25 on: May 12, 2015, 07:07:36 pm »

Yes, I hear it, too. It's the sound of BS meters going off.

It's the sound of The Camera Club.

amolitor

« Reply #26 on: May 12, 2015, 07:23:53 pm »

I am not so much annoyed by Daniel's relentless self promotion as puzzled by it. Why on earth does he think we're worth being promoted to?

I certainly can do nothing for Daniel, however I value his photos. Do some of you chaps work at the MOMA or something?

jjj

• http://www.futtfuttfuttphotography.com
« Reply #27 on: May 12, 2015, 10:49:19 pm »

As others have said, I have never heard of this guy and I have been in and around photography for over 60 years now. 
So you not hearing of a particular photographer makes them a nobody.  ::)
There will be tens of thousands of very successful photographers around the world that you've never heard of. It means nothing.
Tradition is the Backbone of the Spinele

ripgriffith

• ripsart.com
« Reply #28 on: May 13, 2015, 02:30:01 am »

So you not hearing of a particular photographer makes them a nobody.  ::)
There will be tens of thousands of very successful photographers around the world that you've never heard of. It means nothing.
Successful to the extent of having works in 98 museums and galleries?  I believe someone on this forum would have heard of him.

amolitor

« Reply #29 on: May 13, 2015, 07:38:34 am »

It's not 98 museums and galleries. It's about 95 libraries and about three museums.

ripgriffith

• ripsart.com
« Reply #30 on: May 13, 2015, 08:56:58 am »

This is getting so boring!  I'll still wait for the OP to provide has credentials.

stamper

« Reply #31 on: May 13, 2015, 09:57:29 am »

This is getting so boring!  I'll still wait for the OP to provide has credentials.

I think he will be chuckling to himself because so many have their knickers in a twist. It is obviously a wind up that has so far succeeded. ;D

NancyP

« Reply #32 on: May 13, 2015, 10:16:33 am »

I'd be more impressed if it were 98 PUBS.

Rainer SLP

• RS-Fotografia
« Reply #33 on: May 13, 2015, 04:00:26 pm »

I'd be more impressed if it were 98 PUBS.

Well my first exhibition was in a  Bar/Restaurant in a small town near the bigger city Puebla in Mexico, but never titled my spectators as Assholes just because they did not like my photography  ;D

I learned from all comments ...

Well I guess he just wanted to draw more attention as perhaps he felt lonely.

He should have posted in Facebook = The biggest free Shrink treatment in the world ... He would have got some thousand of LIKEs and saved the money for a real shrink ...

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
Thanks and regards Rainer
 I am here for

Tim Lookingbill

« Reply #34 on: May 13, 2015, 05:07:33 pm »

I am not so much annoyed by Daniel's relentless self promotion as puzzled by it. Why on earth does he think we're worth being promoted to?

Improve his search rankings among SEO's?

I've had more meaningful conversations from robocalls than in any of Daniel's threads he's started.

Ask Daniel what day it is.

Justinr

• Ink+images
« Reply #35 on: May 13, 2015, 05:38:18 pm »

It's the sound of The Camera Club.

Nowt wrong with camera clubs!

Other than the usual politics and bickering of any group or association of course.

mezzoduomo

« Reply #36 on: May 13, 2015, 09:14:28 pm »

His website is car-crash fascinating...

It's been said that everyone who ever snaps a photo chooses their subject matter based on personal interests and passions.

"...the best photographs you make will be the things you are most passionate about. Go photograph those things that you really care about deeply. And they will probably be much better photographs than the photographs you make about things that you are not truly, deeply passionate." - Brooks Jensen

If you buy that sentiment even a little bit, it seems safe to assume that apparently the OP has, shall we say..."unconventional" tastes and passions. He steadily throws the NSWF links out there in a search for acceptance and praise for his pictures passions. When the world turns a cold shoulder or criticizes, he reacts. He's very emotionally attached to these pictures, because they do indeed reflect his tastes and passions. Praise therefore validates not just his pictures, but him, too. And, silence or outright criticism is apparently taken quite personally, because of the tight linkage between these unconventional images and his passions, tastes and identity.

Jim Pascoe

• http://www.jimpascoe.co.uk
« Reply #37 on: May 14, 2015, 08:34:08 am »

Well my first exhibition was in a  Bar/Restaurant in a small town near the bigger city Puebla in Mexico, but never titled my spectators as Assholes just because they did not like my photography  ;D

I learned from all comments ...

Well I guess he just wanted to draw more attention as perhaps he felt lonely.

He should have posted in Facebook = The biggest free Shrink treatment in the world ... He would have got some thousand of LIKEs and saved the money for a real shrink ...

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Don't know about free shrink treatment - I would have thought free enlargement treatment would get more interest.  But then I know North Americans have a different take on the word 'shrink'.

Jim

NancyP

« Reply #38 on: May 14, 2015, 10:55:15 am »

Hey! my camera club has a late dinner-with-drinks after the monthly meeting. That's a proper club.

Rainer SLP

• RS-Fotografia
« Reply #39 on: May 17, 2015, 04:11:04 pm »

Hey! my camera club has a late dinner-with-drinks after the monthly meeting. That's a proper club.

+1  ;D
Thanks and regards Rainer
 I am here for
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up