Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: My Epson 3880 suddenly prints blank sheets  (Read 1257 times)

cortlander

My Epson 3880 suddenly prints blank sheets
« on: May 09, 2015, 08:26:14 pm »

My Epson 3880 suddenly started printing blank pages. I posted this another forum, but did not get a resolution. I googled, and did not find much.

I am using it on Mac OS X Yosemite 10.10.3 and Lightroom 6.01. Over the past couple of years have printed a couple of hundred pages on matte as well as photo black settings, as well as ABW. Never had a problem, except for an occasional nozzle cleaning.

Today I first did a nozzle check with 'Print' setting and that was fine.  I then printed on an Epson Exhibition Fiber 13x19 that I do not use too often on a photo black setting. Got a beautiful color print.

Next, same settings, nothing changed except for the photo, and now it printed a blank. I then went to the Print Utility, tried a test page, which came out blank. Tried a nozzle check and that was blank.

I deleted the printer in the OS X System Settings Printer box, and added it again. Still blanks. I downloaded and re-installed the latest driver 9.33 from the Epson site. But still printing blank nozzle check and blank test page. Changed to Matte, tried printing ABW mode. Still getting a blank page. Cleaned Print heads. Tried printing through QTR too.

When I try to print, the 3880 goes through all the motions: moving the print head back and forth, advancing the paper etc. Except what comes out is blank. Almost seems that something gets lost from the ink being transmitted from the cartridge to eventually the paper.

Any ideas what the problem could be and how I can try fixing this?

Thanks.
cortlander

Mark D Segal

• Contributor
    • http://www.markdsegal.com
Re: My Epson 3880 suddenly prints blank sheets
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2015, 08:28:13 pm »

Have you called Epson ProGraphics tech support? I think telephone advice is free with that model.
Mark D Segal (formerly MarkDS)
Author: "Scanning Workflows with SilverFast 8....."

cortlander

Re: My Epson 3880 suddenly prints blank sheets
« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2015, 08:54:05 pm »

Thank you Mark. I was not aware of that. I will do that.
cortlander
Pages: [1]   Go Up