Raw & Post Processing, Printing > Printing: Printers, Papers and Inks

Moab Metallic Pearl

(1/2) > >>

ricky02:
Hi

just got a Canon ipf6450 tried the sample pack from Moab, loved the Museum Rag, but was blown away by the Metallic Pearl, for exhibition and sale i´m thinking of mounting on foam board without glass, has anyone tried this, do i need to do some coating on the prints?     

Paul2660:
I agree it's a very nice paper.  The Breathing Color Vibrance Metallic is also nice, seems to have a bit less of an issue with bronzing on my 9900 for some reason.  

As for display without glazing, I believe the Moab is an RC based paper, and it seems to have a tougher finish than many such papers.  It's a pearl semi-gloss and should work well in that type of application.  You could always put a coating of print varnish on the finished prints as a level of protection.  Moab has a product called Moab Desert Varnish and it's very similar to Premier Print shield.  Both are sold in aerosol cans.

I am also interested in the Moab Metallic Silver, which Moab claims is Alpha Cellulose, and thus should not outgas.

Paul

ricky02:
Paul,

thank you for your replay.
I can´t find Desert Varnish here in E.U., i´m concerned about life fastness of the print without glass, will Timeless from Breathing Color do?

FR

howardm:
I have a number of prints on Metallic Pearl (Epson 3880) w/o any glazing for approx 6mo.  with full morning sun and have not seen any issue other than some dust which easily wipes off.  I kind of doubt you need anything as a coating unless the environment is particularly bad.

DougDolde:
Another thumbs up for Moab Pearl Metallic,

But I absolutely hate their Silver Metallic

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version