Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: 90mm tse  (Read 7075 times)

Kaypee

Re: 90mm tse
« Reply #20 on: May 11, 2015, 11:53:09 am »

Thanks a lot.

alatreille

• Between the Buildings
« Reply #21 on: May 15, 2015, 08:18:42 pm »

HI Kaypee,

My solution to this was a zork adapter and the Pentax 645 75mm and 120 Macro.
Both are excellent and I use them alot when shooting details and interiors.

I could send you some files to look at if you'd like.

PM me.

Cheers

Andrew
Architectural Photographer
http://www.andrewlatreille.com

Kaypee

« Reply #22 on: May 16, 2015, 02:08:21 am »

That would be great. Where did you get the adapter from as well?
I'm using the 90 more than I thought but 75 would be a better length for me.
I can't always get the distance I need for the 90mm.

I found myself using the 1.4 50mm sometimes and I have very few positive things to say about my copy of that lens, and that's my third copy after two returns!

torger

« Reply #23 on: May 18, 2015, 02:51:20 am »

The 90mm is sharp, any lens around that focal length should be, they're "easy" to design. The major drawback as I see it is that it's the old tilt-shift mechanics, ie you can't adjust shift and tilt in independent directions like you can with the newer TSE-II lenses. It will depend on your shooting style how much you suffer from that though. They are also not "L" lenses, ie the weather proofing etc is not at the same level as the TSE-II.

Rumours of updated TSE 45 and 90 (the 45 is unlike the 90 not very sharp) has circulated for years but so far not materialized. Now with the high res 5Ds coming the interest in TS-E lenses should increase further so I hope updates will come.

The Digital Picture has some pixel peep test chart shots which you can look at to get some idea of how sharp it is, http://www.the-digital-picture.com/ , best if you use side-by-side comparison with some lens you already know.
« Last Edit: May 18, 2015, 02:55:47 am by torger »

free1000

• http://www.foliobook.mobi
« Reply #24 on: May 19, 2015, 06:33:42 am »

There must be sample variation with these 90mm ts-e lenses because mine is quite sharp.

I believe it out resolves 22mp at infinity and around f8 because I have used it for architecture where I've experienced aliasing on a Canon 5d2 at those settings.

The 45 is more mundane in terms of performance but more useful for architecture.

If I could wish for one more ts lens it would be 28-32mm.  35 is a bit tight but this would have useful movements and have a place for 'vignettes'
@foliobook
Foliobook professional photo

David Eichler

• San Francisco Architectural and Interior Photographer
« Reply #25 on: May 19, 2015, 03:19:12 pm »

There must be sample variation with these....

Of course. And if it is not due to loose quality control, a lens could get knocked out of alignment in shipping or at the store.

marc aurel

« Reply #26 on: May 20, 2015, 04:48:05 am »

If I could wish for one more ts lens it would be 28-32mm.  35 is a bit tight but this would have useful movements and have a place for 'vignettes'

Around 30mm would be a great focal length for architecture. A not-so-drastic perspective for some interiors where you have enough space to step back. There is the Schneider PC-TS Super-Angulon 28mm f/4.5, but it is extremely expensive and heavy. I never used it but as far as I have heard it is not as stellar as one would expect for the price. I hope Zeiss would decide to get back into the shift lens business, but it does not seem very probable.

Bart_van_der_Wolf

« Reply #27 on: May 20, 2015, 06:23:24 am »

Around 30mm would be a great focal length for architecture. A not-so-drastic perspective for some interiors where you have enough space to step back.

This is essential, if I understand the OP correctly. He wants a more 'compressed' perspective, which can only be achieved by increasing distance, and choosing an appropriate focal length to define the Field of View. Of course, with a longer focal length comes reduced DOF, unless one can compensate with increased distance.

Cheers,
Bart
== If you do what you did, you'll get what you got. ==
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up