Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Importing Question (and difference between catalog/user collection)  (Read 1686 times)

glocke12

A few things I am confused about with C1.  I am trying to wrap my head around importing into C1 Pro 8 and the difference between catalog collections and user collections.  I've tried watching the C1 tutorial on youtube, but I just find it to be slightly long winded unfortunately. 

Not exactly sure what I am missing here, but all of my imports seem to be going into the "Recent Imports" area under catalog collections.  I am guessing this is the default storage area? 

What exactly is the difference between catalog collections and user collections?  I am guessing a user collection is something that is managed manually?  In other words if I want to set aside certain images from a recent import I would add only those images of interest to a user collection?

Another thing that is confusing me is that when I imported my Aperture library, it wound up under the user collection area..while at the same time two separate entries were created in the "recent imports" area, each containing over 1000 images.   Each one of these seems to contain images I downloaded off the internet, took with my iphone, or are part of my aperture library.  Some of these appear to be "real" images (meaning when i enter full screen mode a full size image shows up), others appear to be "previews only", meaning when I enter full screen mode only a small preview shows up.

David Grover / Capture One

• Capture One

Catalog Collections are fixed.

i.e - All Images in the catalog (regardless of there they are stored) and the last 10 imports (then easy to move these into user collections if desired)

User Collections are created by you - the user... ;)

I.e Create, Projects and albums to manage your Catalog.

With regards to the Aperture Import, we simply mirror what you have in Aperture, so I can only assume (without further information) that's what happened.

David

David Grover
Business Support and Development Manager
Pages: [1]   Go Up