Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Bodypaint with a boa  (Read 905 times)

Stephane Desnault

Bodypaint with a boa
« on: May 07, 2015, 09:13:19 am »

This picture was taken at a monthly party in Paris, with body painting. I was holding the studio, where models came after their painting session. Feedback greatly appreciated!
« Last Edit: May 09, 2015, 03:09:53 am by Stephane Desnault »

stamper

Re: Not a landscape, but I'd really love feedback!
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2015, 09:55:39 am »

She looks like she has been run over by a truck? A nice likeable image.

pcgpcg

• paulglasser
« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2015, 10:24:00 am »

Actually she looks very reptilian to me. Very nice image. The only thing that bothers me is the staging/pose of the snake. IMO the photo would be better if there was a bit more space on both sides and the snake's head protruded into that space about an inch on the left, but hey - I understand snakes are sometimes fussy and difficult to work with in the studio.
« Last Edit: May 07, 2015, 10:27:40 am by pcgpcg »

mezzoduomo

« Reply #3 on: May 07, 2015, 10:27:20 am »

I understand snakes are sometimes fussy and difficult to work with in the studio.

Awesome....   :D

Stephane Desnault

« Reply #4 on: May 07, 2015, 10:28:30 am »

Thanks ! Actually, just getting the sake to show off his head like that took some doing! Viewing the image,I'm bothered myself by the very light, strobe relecting ear - but I've refrained from using local edits on this image so far. Maybe I'll get to it. Feedback on that point welcome!

brandtb

• http://www.brandtbolding.com
« Reply #5 on: May 07, 2015, 10:58:11 am »

Stephane...nice shot...I think it's a little to tight on the right though...if you have any room to work with in orig. file...you might look at it with some more space btw edge of snake and edge of frame. Without "intensively" editing local areas...you might try using Auto in ACR...then bring down exposure to around 35, and add post-crop vignette to -17...maybe use brush to bring up shadow areas left of face with +22 just a bit. /Brandt
Brandt Bolding
www.brandtbolding.com

Stephane Desnault

« Reply #6 on: May 07, 2015, 11:14:24 am »

Thanks Brandt. I did try to give more space to the right - I just have very little to work with. I have quite some latitude on the original RAW file compared to the JPG I posted. I did retouch the ear also.

NancyP

« Reply #7 on: May 07, 2015, 11:28:22 am »

I am more impressed with the sangfroid exhibited by the model. I have held a similar-sized "pet" boa, and the creature is one very solid and heavy chunk of muscle, quite alarming when you think that it is dumb as a brick and don't trust it to stay tame. I prefer non-venomous non-strangulating snakes.
Pages: [1]   Go Up