Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Hyperfocal Table in PhotoPills (Leaf Credo 50 back)  (Read 858 times)

fotagf8

Hyperfocal Table in PhotoPills (Leaf Credo 50 back)
« on: May 06, 2015, 11:40:59 pm »

I have a Leaf Credo 50 back.  I am using Photo Pills to calculate hyperlocal distance.  It does not have my back as an option, but it allowed me to input the data.  I described the sensor as 44 mm by 33 mm.  The program generated a CoC of .038 and a .8 crop factor.  Since I didn't input those last two numbers, I don't have 100% confidence that they are correct since the program is effectively a black box (not a criticism--I just can't see how the calculations are working).  Can anyone tell me if I have the settings right, so that I can have confidence in the output?

Thank you.

Bart_van_der_Wolf

Re: Hyperfocal Table in PhotoPills (Leaf Credo 50 back)
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2015, 08:26:55 am »

I have a Leaf Credo 50 back.  I am using Photo Pills to calculate hyperlocal distance.  It does not have my back as an option, but it allowed me to input the data.  I described the sensor as 44 mm by 33 mm.  The program generated a CoC of .038 and a .8 crop factor.  Since I didn't input those last two numbers, I don't have 100% confidence that they are correct since the program is effectively a black box (not a criticism--I just can't see how the calculations are working).  Can anyone tell me if I have the settings right, so that I can have confidence in the output?

Hi,

A CoC of 0.038 (=38 micron) for a 5.3 micron pitch sensor, seems way too large for my taste. Of course, a CoC is parameter that needs to be related to output/print size and viewing distance, but still. I prefer to use a more realistic CoC, also depending on aperture used (and thus diffraction added).

Cheers,
Bart
== If you do what you did, you'll get what you got. ==
Pages: [1]   Go Up